Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dumdidum
Paper Tape
Views: 840
Message 1 of 5

Create USB Stick Recovery?

Hi

I have a x220t and want to create the recovery images. 

As I dont have a DVD drive, I'd like to create a bootable USB stick with the recovery images on it.

Is there any tutorial to do this? Would be greaaaaaat!

Thanks

James

toocerebral
Punch Card
Views: 829
Message 2 of 5

Re: Create USB Stick Recovery?

In Lenovo thinkvantage tools go to factory recovery disks. Plug in your usb (16Gb) and it will do the rest. Remember that you can create factory usb recovery flash drive only once.

Don't ask me why.

andrer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 815
Message 3 of 5

There are workarounds if you wan't to do it more times.

toocerebral
Punch Card
Views: 796
Message 4 of 5

^Any links or guides?

thanks.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 792
Message 5 of 5

Here's something to watch out for.  Be sure the flash drive is properly prepared before trying to create recovery media.

New or used USB memory keys or USB flash drives require an active partition created from within Wind...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals