Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GalenAZ
Paper Tape
Views: 9,496
Message 1 of 17

Digitizer Pen not working on Helix 1st Gen on Windows 10

I have a Lenovo Helix 1st Gen tablet PC ( i7 3667U 2GH, 8MB Ram, 256SSD).  As soon as updated to Windows 10, the digitizer pen stopped working. Lenovo does not have a Wacom update nor could I find an update on the internet. I spoke with Lenovo Premium Support, and they researched this for me.  Lenovo told me that with the touch screen manufacturer they use, there is no Windows 10 Driver yet, thus the digitizer pen will remain non-functional until this driver is released.  Lenovo said it could be weeks or months before the new driver is available and there would be nothing they can do to fix this until the driver is released.  This news is terrible for me because I use the digitizer pen for work all day long and cannot function without it.  In the mean time, I will have to reinstall Windows 8.1 for now. Ugh!

jskcom
What's DOS?
Views: 9,366
Message 2 of 17

Re: Digitizer Pen not working on Helix 1st Gen on Windows 10

Dear User. Appoligise for this "horrible" answer from Lenovo support. I am actually making quite some seriously bad experiences my self with the support related to the pen digitizer. Seems they have no knowldege at all about it and what they telling consumers is quite disappointing. As Global executive at Wacom, the company who is actually making this pens, I will forward your message to our technical team to find out where we are with Windows 10 support. I will post this here also. We have relased drivers for all our branded products, thats for shure. For our components it is the repsonability of the PC vendor (in this case Lenovo), we only release our drivers to them. But lets see what I can do here. I am just so disappointed about my own experience that I browsed this forum.. and its getting even worse. Sorry for this! 

jskcom
What's DOS?
Views: 9,361
Message 3 of 17

GalenAZ
Paper Tape
Views: 9,355
Message 4 of 17

Thanks for the kind words and support. I appreciate anything you can do. Thanks so much
GalenAZ
Paper Tape
Views: 9,347
Message 5 of 17

I found this link previously but when I try it, it sayd that "you hardware does not seem to support pen input".  Would you know of any way for me to get my computer recognize the pen input again or is that the driver that I need?

marceljent
Paper Tape
Views: 9,327
Message 6 of 17

I have the exact same problem too! I have the same Helix as mentioned and the same driver issue. I tried many versions of drivers and nothing works. First I thought it might be the pen, which is broken and bought a new one, but neither of them worked out.

I would be very grateful to find a solution, because I use the pen a lot and to downgrade to Windows 8.1 is for me not an option. Too many software applications installed and the rest of windows 10 works like a charm.

Hope that the driver issue is solved more sooner than later...

GalenAZ
Paper Tape
Views: 9,314
Message 7 of 17

Yes Marceljent, it's frustrating.  Keep me posted if you here anything.  I will call Premium Support again this wekeend when I get a chance to see if any other options can help.

jim28
What's DOS?
Views: 9,231
Message 8 of 17

I also get the same problem. Using the link provided , it says not supported device.

I also call the tech support dep.

Here is what he talk to me.

"

It should work after full windows 10 updated.

If it still doesn't work, they suggest go to servce department for checking hardware problem.  "

However, I don't think three people has the same "hardware problem" after update to Windows 10.

Does anyone know how we can provide this bug to Leveno ???

ohmas
What's DOS?
Views: 9,144
Message 9 of 17

Hi,

I have the Helix 2nd Gen but this might help.  When I upgraded to Windows 10, the digitizer was still working fine until one day I updated the WinTab driver, then the digitizer stopped working.  It will work on the lock screen, but does not work once I get pass the lock screen.

After searching forums after forums, still no solution.

Finally, today, I downloaded WinTab driver for Windows 8.1 and installed it in Windows 10.  Once it's installed the digitizer works again!!  You will need to recalibrate the pen.

Hope this will help some of you out there!  My guess is the WinTab driver update for Windows 10 is probably not working properly.

Good luck!

Highlighted
Guru
Views: 9,129
Message 10 of 17

Hi guys.

I have a Gen.1 Helix I've been running on Windows 10 since the first technical preview came out. The digitizer works perfectly with the Windows 8/8.1 drivers, but when you install the Wacom / Tablet drivers, you must remove the pen from the silo. Otherwise it is inactive.

Check if this doesn't do the trick.

Cheers!

Atli Jarl.

ThinkPad P1 - i7-8750H/32GB // ThinkPad P70 - Xeon E3-1505M/64GB
ThinkPad W540 (20BG) - i7-4800MQ/32GB // ThinkPad W520 (4282-W4Q) - i7-2720QM/32GB
ThinkPad T450s (20BW) - i7-5600U/12GB // Yoga 900 - i7-6500U/8GB
ThinkPad T61 (7665-CTO) - T7700/4GB // ThinkPad T60p (8741-C2G) - T7400/4GB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors