Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marko_dreer
Paper Tape
Views: 491
Message 1 of 12

Digitizer starts double clicking before touching the screen

I have a problem witmy x220 (model 4294) whereby the digitizer will start dragging icons on the desktop before it's even touched the screen. It's really annoying and makes the digitizer unusuable. The multitouch with fingers works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Former Employee
Views: 463
Message 2 of 12

Re: Digitizer starts double clicking before touching the screen

hey marko_dreer,

try uninstalling the pen driver and then install the following two

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS013724

Also head over to >> http://support.lenovo.com and update your unit as well.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
marko_dreer
Paper Tape
Views: 448
Message 3 of 12

This didn't fix the problem. I've tried installing, uninstalling and reinstalling all the latest drivers.

The problem is the digitizer can't be calibrated because it detects a "tap" before it hits the screen.

Is my laptop faulty?

Former Employee
Views: 445
Message 4 of 12

hard to say, but i suggest that you get in contact with our service team via

http://bit.ly/LNVsuppNum

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
andrer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 435
Message 5 of 12

There is a problem with many of the digitizers that it clicks without touching the surface. The common "solution" is to decrease the sensitivity. Also try to pull out the red nib and put it back again. This worked for me.

If you have the warrant left so could you try to get a new digitizer. Someone claimed he had to return three pens before he got an working one.

marko_dreer
Paper Tape
Views: 428
Message 6 of 12

Thanks for your response. How do you decrease the pen sensitivity? Is removing and putting the nib back in the only way? The laptop came with 5 replacement nibs.

andrer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 422
Message 7 of 12

To decrease the sensitivity: Start->Control Panel->Hardware and Sound->Pen tablet Properties

The remove-and-put-back-nib have worked for some of the users, including me. I don't know how it workes, but I guess that when removing the nib the "connector" will loose some hight and therefor it will work better when the nib is put back in again.

Please write back again if it works.

marko_dreer
Paper Tape
Views: 408
Message 8 of 12

The only place I could see to alter the sensitivity was under the "Flicks" tab of the "Pen and Touch" options. Is this where you mean?

Also, I can't figure out how to dismantle the digitizer. I couldn't find anything about it in the user manual.

Thank you

andrer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 399
Message 9 of 12

Ok. I'm using the Fuijtsu drivers (since Lenovos are really bad) for my x201t so I can't check where it else would be.

You remove the nib by draging it out from the pen. When you bought the computer so did you get an round metall tool which is made for this. However, if you have lost it like I did with mine so can you just pull it out with an scissor.

marko_dreer
Paper Tape
Views: 386
Message 10 of 12

Thanks for your help. I have contacted lenovo support and they are shipping me a new digitizer. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors