02-20-2015

DE

37 Signins

474 Page Views

• Views: 474
  • Message 1 of 2

Docking solution nicht working - External Monitor not detected with Helix 2

2019-02-21, 9:52 AM

I have bought a Pro Dock (4X10H04503) as 'final solution' to simple remove the tablet for travel and plug it back for stationary use. 
This kind of works. But when cold booting the system (BIOS is set to boot when power is turned on), the monitor on the HDMI output never shows, isn't even detected by anything. So it doesn't show up on the Intel Graphics Properties for the HD 5300 neither.

In order to make it work like in my current situation (T410s, docked, power-on boots, and switches to external monitor without any user interaction), I need to either unplug the power of the dock after login, or remove the tablet from the dock and put it back. Only then does the second monitor show as alternative, resepctively is switched to. 

Any help by someone who has an idea how to avoid the power_on - login - remove_tablet - insert_tablet cycle will be appreciated!

Uwe

Options

459 Posts

05-02-2019

US

322 Signins

7862 Page Views

• Views: 7862
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Docking solution nicht working - External Monitor not detected with Helix 2

2020-02-04, 16:54 PM

Hi !

Are you still experiencing the same problem? Sorry for the late response.

I suggest that you try the latest BIOS version for your ThinkPad Helix directly from our support website and observe if you'll see any changes.

BIOS Update Utility 2.10

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save