cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masmedi
Paper Tape
Views: 697
Message 1 of 15

Does Lenovo have any plan for a 14'' thinkpad tablet?

I need a thinkpad tablet that has a 14'' or above display. X230t, helix, twist all have only 12'', too small for work purposes. x-1 carbon touch has 14'', but it's only touch not tablet. I need tablet because I'd like to read pdfs and write notes on them. Touch is vertical and therefore not convenient for this purpose. Does Lenovo have any plan to market a 14'' thinkpad tablet any time soon? Thanks.

Jettatore
SCSI Port
Views: 669
Message 2 of 15

Re: Does Lenovo have any plan for a 14'' thinkpad tablet?

Not sure how much of a help this is to you (it's a work-around).

However, with a separate/detachable keyboard option (available for most tablets of any brand) as well as a separate (non-dockable) accessory pen, you can draw and physically type on most any tablet now-adays.

I've seen a ton of pressure sensitive, aftermarket pen designs on Kickstarter, similar sites and elsewhere, that use various technologies to enable drawing and writing for just about any device.  It's not elegant, it's not ideal, but it's worth considering if your in the market for a new machine.  Probably worth testing first/reading significant reviews on each piece before you buy as well.  But it may open up many options for you.

del_psi
Token Ring
Views: 656
Message 3 of 15

Toshiba used to make a 14" tablet PC IIRC.

The biggest tablet PCs I ever used were the T5010 and T901 from Fujitsu.

masmedi
Paper Tape
Views: 636
Message 4 of 15

Why doesn't Lenovo make the x1 carbon touch a tablet? Is it so hard to make the screen horizontal?

del_psi
Token Ring
Views: 597
Message 5 of 15

@masmedi wrote:

Why doesn't Lenovo make the x1 carbon touch a tablet? Is it so hard to make the screen horizontal?

They would make less money. Not too many people buy lenovo tablet PCs for serious work anymore since the quality has gone down. Panasonic and Fujitsu dominate that niche.

masmedi
Paper Tape
Views: 574
Message 6 of 15

Panasonic and Fujitsu dominate business laptop? First time heard that.

del_psi
Token Ring
Views: 550
Message 7 of 15

@masmedi wrote:

Business tablet PCs.

Have you ever own any Fujitsu Lifebook tablet PCs or Panasonic ToughBook tablet PCs?

The ThinkPad line is no longer for those who want the best.

Here is an example of a real business tablet PC

http://www.panasonic.com/business/toughbook/semi-rugged-C2-convertible-tablet-pc.asp#

masmedi
Paper Tape
Views: 532
Message 8 of 15

Thanks for the info. Never had any of these tablet pcs. Owned a Fujitsu laptop years ago but was not impressed with its quality. The Fujitsu tablet pc you mentioned has a 13.3 display, close to what I want. But I really haven't heard much about these two firms when it comes to laptops, and am a bit wary of their quality.

labrekk
Punch Card
Views: 496
Message 9 of 15

@del_psi wrote:

@masmedi wrote:

Business tablet PCs.

Have you ever own any Fujitsu Lifebook tablet PCs or Panasonic ToughBook tablet PCs?

The ThinkPad line is no longer for those who want the best.

Here is an example of a real business tablet PC

http://www.panasonic.com/business/toughbook/semi-rugged-C2-convertible-tablet-pc.asp#

These Panasonic Tablet PCs are REALLY pricey...I configured a Toughbook C1 with an i5, 320GB HD and 4GB RAM for $3130...

masmedi
Paper Tape
Views: 487
Message 10 of 15

OK. So no one knows if Lenovo will make a 14'' thinkpad tablet, or is the answer that they will not make it?

Top Kudoed Authors