cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hp79
HDMI
Views: 1,747
Message 641 of 652

Re: Does anyone have x220t pen working properly on edges?

You guys dug up such an old thread. I want to say great job. These things are worth bringing back to attention.

It's really disappointing to see this problem never got addressed properly. I also had one of the early X220T models with horrible digitizer accuracy (I don't know if it was fixed later on, but I assume it wasn't), and posted a youtube video comparing with X61T. I know Lenovo launched a digitizer firmware update, but that didn't do a thing.

I then went with Samsung Series 7 Slate which had much better digitizer accuracy, but because some other problems, I had to return that. Now I'm back with X230T, and the digitizer works much better than how the X220T did, but nothing to get excited about. It's still not as good as Samsung Series 7 Slate which wasn't perfect either, and certainly not as good as X61T which was almost perfect. I wish they had done a better job on X230T. But since it looks like they are trying to lower the build cost, they probably have no intention to fix anything.

I returned my first X230T because it wobbles while sitting on only three legs of the four. Also the keyboard tray's upper corners rubs the screen, grinding it leaving marks. Another problem I found yesterday was that the lid was warped on the left side. Crazy, isn't it?
del_psi
Token Ring
Views: 1,738
Message 642 of 652

@hp79 wrote:
You guys dug up such an old thread. I want to say great job. These things are worth bringing back to attention.

It's really disappointing to see this problem never got addressed properly. I also had one of the early X220T models with horrible digitizer accuracy (I don't know if it was fixed later on, but I assume it wasn't), and posted a youtube video comparing with X61T. I know Lenovo launched a digitizer firmware update, but that didn't do a thing.

I then went with Samsung Series 7 Slate which had much better digitizer accuracy, but because some other problems, I had to return that. Now I'm back with X230T, and the digitizer works much better than how the X220T did, but nothing to get excited about. It's still not as good as Samsung Series 7 Slate which wasn't perfect either, and certainly not as good as X61T which was almost perfect. I wish they had done a better job on X230T. But since it looks like they are trying to lower the build cost, they probably have no intention to fix anything.

I returned my first X230T because it wobbles while sitting on only three legs of the four. Also the keyboard tray's upper corners rubs the screen, grinding it leaving marks. Another problem I found yesterday was that the lid was warped on the left side. Crazy, isn't it?

It's too early for tablet PCs to be mainstream. If they kept the real price (not the inflated price) at ~ $2000 and increased the quality accordingly , the X230t could have been my favorite laptop.

If someone wants a cheap tablet to play with , there are plenty on the market that use a RISC CPU. Most of use who buy real tablet PCs expect quality and performance.

Juliancho
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,731
Message 643 of 652

I can't believe they didn't fix it.

I own the x220t and i suffer this issue, but I never imagined the x230t will have it too. Come on, they didn't fix if but they have the time to change the keyboard instead, wich worked perfectly and was great... -_-??

Now I do think Lenovo is laughing at their costumers

hp79
HDMI
Views: 1,727
Message 644 of 652

I kind of like the new keyboard, especially because I finally have backlit keys. hehe.
Yeah, it is a bummer that they didn't really fix it good enough. X230T's digitizer does work bit better than the X220T.

Juliancho
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,722
Message 645 of 652

Ok, it works better... but it should be fixed up already. People is paying a lot of money for these laptops.

About the keyboard, it's up to the user, but I feel much more confident hitting the keys in the clasic one. The Macbook pro keyboard (as my only example of chiclet keyboard) doesn't feel confident to me.. but that is just me Smiley Happy

etotheix
What's DOS?
Views: 1,218
Message 646 of 652

Hi, I own a x230t and I have the exact same problem that is described in this 65 pages long thread. Here is the solution I found:

When in landscape mode, if the battery is on top, the pen input is going to be very bad close to the edges, even if I calibrate. But, if I turn the laptop 180 degrees (the battery is now at the bottom) and recalibrate in that position,the problem is gone. I would say that the pen input went from 6/10 to 9/10 in terms of accuracy.

It might not be the best solution, but it works for me. And since I have the 6 cell battery, I have to put something under the tablet to lift the top a bit. Hope this helps someone.

Mathis
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,169
Message 647 of 652

Looks like win 8 (drivers) improved it over win 7 on my x220i tablet (dual boot).

del_psi
Token Ring
Views: 649
Message 648 of 652

How can we tell if the digitizer is defective?

The X220t and X230t seem to use the same digitizer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92CtZ4Loi2o

This video shows the typical performance of the X220t's digitizer.

Does it seem defective to any of you?

Moderator Note; subject edited; post merged in. Was; How can we tell if the digitizer is defective?

gmccartney
Paper Tape
Views: 468
Message 649 of 652

Re: How can we tell if the digitizer is defective?

So is there a software fix for the edge issue.  All our X220 tablets at our office have pen and touch issues.  Just about everyone has given up and just started using a wireless mouse.  

Greg

vlangs
Serial Port
Views: 419
Message 650 of 652

Re: How can we tell if the digitizer is defective?

I know I'm late to the party, but I had this problem when I first got my x220t in 2011, I've had a slew of problems and lenovo is finally replacing my computer with a different one though in an attempt to fix the ghosting they did actually fix the edge..the screen is extremely accurate.

I'll miss the pen, but I think pen tablets work best on smaller windows 8,1 devices anyways

cheers.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors