Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tarheels_100
Paper Tape
Views: 7,571
Message 1 of 7

Email support?

I've been having way too much trouble navigating the Lenovo support pages.  Like most companies, it seems they try to hide their contact info within all of the troubleshooting guides written for first time computer users.  Anyway, could anyone direct me to Lenovo email support?  I'm abroad right now and cannot call their phone support line without paying long distance.  The only email support that I could find was IBM Electronic Service Call, which seems geared towards IT professionals and businesses.  Any usefull referals are greatly appreciated.

Austin
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 7,569
Message 2 of 7

Re: Email support?

Austin, welcome to the forum,

this site offers you the possibility to submit a request online.

If you are experiencing problems with your ThinkPad, you might like to explain them here to see if forum members are able to offer you a solution??

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

tarheels_100
Paper Tape
Views: 7,559
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the response.  That's the link that I spoke of that takes you to "IBM Electronic Service Call."  I can try going that route, it just doesn't look like your average email support option.  Also, it says that they'll call you back with a response.  This doesn't help me much since I'm abroad and don't want to pay for long distance charges.

The problem is that ever since I installed Vista SP1 on my x61 tablet, I've had issues with shutting down, sleeping, and undocking my laptop.  Undocking is almost always unsuccessful.  When it fails, generally there is no message telling why, although sometime it does pop up with a message saying that it could not stop "Generic USB hub" or "Generic USB mass storage."  Attempting to put the computer in sleep mode generally results in the screen going black, as expected, but then nothing happening.  I usually just manually turn the computer off after a few minutes of waiting.  When shutting down (as in telling Windows to shut down), the computer makes it to the waiting screen that says "Shutting down..." with the Vista hourglass-equivalent circle turning.  After 15 minutes or so, I usually give up on it and turn it off manually.  On occasion, I've let it shut down for a whole day unattended.  After some number of hours when I get back, the system is restarted instead of shut down.  When I login, it gives the error message "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown.  A problem stopped Windows from working correctly.  Windows will notify use if a solution is available."

So that's a summary of the most pressing issues.  Let me know if you want more details.

Austin
tarheels_100
Paper Tape
Views: 7,499
Message 4 of 7

I'd like to add that I believe the undocking problem could be the root problem causing the other issues.  I have a lot more luck shutting down and sleeping my computer when it is not docked.
wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 7,463
Message 5 of 7

Some people are reporting that Vista SP1 are incompatible with some of the drivers and Thinkvantage software shipped by Lenovo, i have put off upgrading my updating Vista to SP1 in my R61i for the fear of Blue Screen of Death errors.
tarheels_100
Paper Tape
Views: 7,417
Message 6 of 7

Interesting.  I'm considering going back to a pre-SP1 hard drive image that I have.  SP1 didn't fix any problems for me, but has seemed to cause a few.  I keep checking Lenovo's System Update but haven't seen any fixes.  Do you expect that they'll be putting out a few soon?
wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 7,402
Message 7 of 7

maybe in couple of months, but right now i will stick with stock standard Vista.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors