Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aasimpso
Paper Tape
Views: 520
Message 1 of 2

Erratic cursor behaviour

I'm hoping somebody can help me out on this one.

I have a model 36984SU Helix with the keyboard attached. Whenever the device is plugged into another monitor and then the laptop is closed, the cursor has a tendancy to start behaving erratically (jumping around on the screen in what I would describe as jolts). I have not seen this behaviour when the laptop is left open. I have, however, seen this behaviour both with the laptop connected to dual monitors via a docking station, or connected to a single monitor via the mini display to VGA.

There is a bluetooth mouse installed, however it is turned off and rarely used. When the laptop is closed a USB mouse is used. Regardless of whether the USB mouse is plugged into a docking station or directly into the Helix, there are still issues.

I've run through all the driver updates that I can think of, including Synaptics drivers both directly from the Synaptcis website and from the Lenovo website. I've also installed the mouse software here http://support.lenovo.com/en/documents/pd005570. I also tried thoroughly cleaning both the screen and the trackpad to no avail. It's especially frustrating given how intermittant the issue is, and how I don't have a method to reproduce the issue which I can use to verify that a fix was effective. I completely disabled the trackpad and the issue stopped occurring, but that wasn't a good enough solution as the trackpad needs to be used at times. One of the driver updates seemed to correct the issue for about a week. Then the issue popped back up again.

Is the trackpad just physically damaged? I'm hoping this is the case at this point because I've tried everything else I can think of and the Helix is still under warranty, so I can get it replaced.

aasimpso
Paper Tape
Views: 514
Message 2 of 2

Re: Erratic cursor behaviour

I actually just thought to update the BIOS, hopefully that will do the trick, but I might not know for certain for another week or 2 given the intermittance of this issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors