cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
livetovacation
Paper Tape
Views: 364
Message 1 of 4

Error......c:\program files (x86)\thinkpad\utilities\pwmtr64v.dll.............at start up

Good Morning,

I have an X1 Yoga 3 on Windows Home. I started getting this error message on startup and googled it. From what I read from previous posts it is an unused program on Windows 10 and needs to be removed. I followed some of the instructions but many of them did not apply to me, and it's concerning for old novices like myself to be removing things.

Was hoping there maybe an easier fix for this. I did call tech support and all the guy wanted to do was send me a flash drive to re-install the system. A system reset did not remove the error message.

Thank You

Guru
Views: 343
Message 2 of 4

Re: Error......c:\program files (x86)\thinkpad\utilities\pwmtr64v.dll.............at start up

Welcome to the forums.

Have you tried the below?  It provides step by step instructions.  Hope it helps you.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Vantage-Knowledge-Base/RunDLL-error-message-about-PWMTR64V-dll/t...

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

livetovacation
Paper Tape
Views: 321
Message 3 of 4

Re: Error......c:\program files (x86)\thinkpad\utilities\pwmtr64v.dll.............at start up

I had not seen that one and it was easy enough and it worked!!! Thank You so much!

Highlighted
Guru
Views: 311
Message 4 of 4

You're welcome!  Glad it worked out and thank you for coming back and marking "solved".

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals