Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greencurrycamo
Paper Tape
Views: 2,355
Message 1 of 6

External Microphone won't work on x230 Tablet

I have a microphone that works only as such, with no speaker and is not a headset.  I am trying to get it to work with my Lenovo x230 Tablet laptop.

When I plug it into the 3.5mm port on the right side next to the Ethernet input nothing happens and it doesn't show up in my windows sound or do anything except change the top left port under "Analog System" from gray to black.  Unfortunately that is the audio port not the microphone port.  This is shown by the next two pictures.

Microphone not plugged in:

Link to picture

Microphone Plugged In:

Link to picture 

So something is up...

I tried again by going to the "device advanced settings" and changing it from "classic mode" to "Multi-stream mode".
This atleast shows in the windows control that there is a "external mic" and a "docking mic".  I have no idea what the docking mic is.  Anyway this picture below is what happens before I plug in the mic:

And now when I plug it in:

Link to picture

As you can see the windows controller is unchanged in the input recording tab but, the realtek program has detected the mic again by turning on the analog headphone button on.  As well as adding an extra tab to the program called "HD Audio 2nd output".  As far as I can tell t thinks my mic is a headset for some reason.  I wish to change this.  When I switch over to the sound tab on the windows program it shows an added headset which is actually it detecting my microphone in windows.  It only detects this headset when the realtek program is in advanced "Multi-stream mode".  Here is a picture illustrating both the new tab on the Realtek Manager and the Windows Sound tab showing the headset which is again actually my microphone.

Link to picture

And yes I have updated my Realtek Driver to the latest version it is Version shown in the picture below:

Link to picture 

Any help I could be given would be greatly appreciated as I have been trying to find a solution to this problem for the past couple days.

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

greencurrycamo
Paper Tape
Views: 2,317
Message 2 of 6

Re: External Microphone won't work on x230 Tablet

Also it seems as if the Microphone and earbuds from my Samsung Galaxy S3 do work as both a headset and Microphone.  But my microphone only device doens't work, what gives?

jweiss5
Paper Tape
Views: 2,157
Message 3 of 6

Re: External Microphone won't work on x230 Tablet

I have the exact same problem. Please help. How on earth can I not record audio input?

SteenG
Paper Tape
Views: 1,389
Message 4 of 6

Re: External Microphone won't work on x230

Did anybody ever solve how to record from an external microphone on x230 - not the tablet, just the ordinary one. In my case neither the Galaxy SIII headset not and external microphone via a splitter can record anything. The most interesting error message I get is that something else is already using the device, and that there is a mute symbol on the external microphone. But nothing else is using is and mute is not on. So any suggestions from anybody?
homman7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,345
Message 5 of 6

You dont have combo microfon. And x230 chave combo jack.

You must buy something like this

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it civil.

SteenGr
Paper Tape
Views: 533
Message 6 of 6

I did and that didn't change anything. So I kind of gave up. Now I am back to the same issue. Any other suggestions?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors