Did you mean: 
Nofe92
Paper Tape
Views: 2,993
Message 1 of 10

[FIXED] x61t and windows 8 tablet buttons now working

[UPDATE]

ahahahahhaha
I just found the solution xD It's so **bleep** stupid that it makes me feel stupid!

All you need to do is to open the driver folder (default directory "C:\DRIVERS\WIN\UNAVUTIL") then right click on "wstbtnib.inf" and press Install and restart.

That's it!

It looks like the setup can't do it by it self under windows 8.

I can't believe nobody never tried it! I saw guides on guides about remapping and stuff. They just work now! (I restarted multiple times and played with it a little, all works).

I tried with 2 different installations and it worked for both. Can someone confirm this on another thinkpad?

My model is the one with no touch and hi res ips screen!

Thx for all (witch is not much xD)

[OLD]Hi guys!

I need help, I'm getting crazy here. I just got an ssd and decided to upgrade my x61t to windows 8 for several reasons.

I discovered that if I upgrade from win 7 everything works but the tablet buttons don't. The funny thing is that when I tried to install win8 on the old hhd win7 installation they worked! But when I tried again win7->win8 they didn't. So it might be something that the new installation missed.

Is there a way to make the driver work properly? And most of all, is it a driver issue or is the utility program that translate the buttons? The thing is that they can work with no issue on win8, so what are the dependencies? It's not .net or visual c++. Any idea? Any suggestion to make my thinkpad work at 100%? I really want them working!

Thanks for your time and help!

[/OLD]

Nofe92
Paper Tape
Views: 2,982
Message 2 of 10

Re: x61t and windows 8 tablet buttons

UPDATED first post with the solution!

hazart
WWAN
Views: 2,747
Message 3 of 10

Re: [FIXED] x61t and windows 8 tablet buttons now working

Didn't work for me. Fresh Windows 8 6-bit installation on my X61t with high-res screen. Tried with 7wgl16ww.

Nofe92
Paper Tape
Views: 2,745
Message 4 of 10

Did you actually installed the driver from the inf file?

hazart
WWAN
Views: 2,702
Message 5 of 10

Yes, I did. Installed 7wgl16ww, right-clicked wstbtnib.inf and selected Install.

Nofe92
Paper Tape
Views: 2,548
Message 6 of 10

I apologize for my late answer!

Try to install drivers from 7jgl10ww (tabletbuttondriver) and 7wg737ww(tabletshortcut). You still need to install te ini file. I can upload them for you if you can't find them.

I got it working on windows 8.1!

The only issue I have with windows 8.1 is wifi. It works fine untill the computer goes in stanby. I still have to understand if I can fix it from another driver installation or somthing else. I have to restart the laptop every time now.

Am I the only one with this bug?

I will update if I find a solution

Billaboard
Punch Card
Views: 2,515
Message 7 of 10

I have the same wifi failure after sleep problem in Windows 8.1 on my X60T.

I don't have to restart the machine - I just go into the Network and Sharing part of Control Panel, and use the Troubleshooter. In the Internet connection area, it resets the wifi adapter and after that it works.

If I get time, I'll go looking for a newer driver.

I'm fairly sure it worked OK on Win 8.0, so it's 8.1 that has broken it.

Nofe92
Paper Tape
Views: 2,508
Message 8 of 10

I was able to fix it.

Go in device manager, search the wifi device, right click on it and choose properties, move to power management:

untick "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

That will fix this issue. The other problem is that the current driver gives random bsod. I still have to find a solution for that.

Billaboard
Punch Card
Views: 2,495
Message 9 of 10

@Nofe92 wrote:

I was able to fix it.

Go in device manager, search the wifi device, right click on it and choose properties, move to power management:

untick "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

That will fix this issue. The other problem is that the current driver gives random bsod. I still have to find a solution for that.

I should have thought of that, as I always switch it off.  It must be switched on as part of the upgrade.

I haven't yet had any bsod's, but I only let it upate from 8.0 a couple of days ago.

robert2011
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,820
Message 10 of 10

Thank you SO much for this. My new win 8.1 64bit install works perfectly now. (also x61t)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals