12-18-2010 07:05 PM
I am currently thinking about buying a X201 tablet, but got few questions, and hope if someone could help.
1. What should I do if I want to get a non-english OS.
2. If I am going to buy a tablet with english OS, and re-install a foreign language system to it, is that system going to work properly?
3. Anybody know why is the online shopping not working for canada? Always saying my customize is invalid....sai....
12-20-2010 09:41 AM
12-21-2010 03:31 AM
1. As topmahof already pointed out the only version of windows 7 that allows you to use the "handwriting recognition" fuction with foreign languages (other than english) is windows 7 ultimate.
So you can directly buy a x201 with windows 7 ultimate or buy it with another versione of win7 pre-installed and then upgrade to win7 ultimate via "windows anytime upgrade".
2. No problem. But if you do a clean installation of a non-english win7 you will have to download the proper drivers for your specific machine from the lenovo website.