Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xchen1985
What's DOS?
Views: 540
Message 1 of 5

Few Questions about X201 Tablet

I am currently thinking about buying a X201 tablet, but got few questions, and hope if someone could help.

1. What should I do if I want to get a non-english OS.

2. If I am going to buy a tablet with english OS, and re-install a foreign language system to it, is that system going to work properly?

3. Anybody know why is the online shopping not working for canada? Always saying my customize is invalid....sai.... 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 497
Message 2 of 5

Re: Few Questions about X201 Tablet

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972813

language packs are available in windows 7 ultimate.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Night
SCSI Port
Views: 479
Message 3 of 5

1. As topmahof already pointed out the only version of windows 7 that allows you to use the "handwriting recognition" fuction with foreign languages (other than english) is windows 7 ultimate.

So you can directly buy a x201 with windows 7 ultimate or buy it with another versione of win7 pre-installed and then upgrade to win7 ultimate via "windows anytime upgrade".

2. No problem. But if you do a clean installation of a non-english win7 you will have to download the proper drivers for your specific machine from the lenovo website.

xchen1985
What's DOS?
Views: 396
Message 4 of 5

Thx a lot

ok i can just do anytime upgrade for my win7

CAXDEC2110
Punch Card
Views: 394
Message 5 of 5

3. i experienced the same broken down shopping cart at Lenovo Canada's site. Big waste of time. Just phone them and they'll be happy to process your order.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors