Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zummogolegy
What's DOS?
Views: 1,692
Message 1 of 4

Helix Bluetooth doesn't work

Hi all, I need some help with my new Helix (3698-6CG)

I've been using this machine for almost a month and bluetooth never even showed up in Windows. With all the drivers installed, BIOS updated to latest version, Bluetooth is not working, neither showed up ever in Device Manager.

Bluetooth is enabled in BIOS and the Bluetooth service also in Windows Services but no change. Disabling and re-enabling it in BIOS (with several restarts) was also no success. 

I tried Broadcom's official driver, too but the driver couldn't even detect my bluetooth device.

Recently I upgraded to Windows 10 to see if it solves the problem but still no change. I installed the official Lenovo Bluetooth driver. The installation was quick and succesful but still no bluetooth after all.

I think I tried every possible solution but there is still no Bluetooth in Windows Device Manager.

What could I possibly do now?

Thank you in advance!

GEEKHELP
What's DOS?
Views: 1,665
Message 2 of 4

Re: Helix Bluetooth doesn't work

I've had the exact same problem with my 3701-33M. Sent in to Lenovo and it turns out the bluetooth device was missing. Pulled out another brand new one I had on hand, same thing, sent in, no bluetooth card physically installed.

The build sheets for these device serial numbers show an asterisk next to the bluetooth device saying "or equivalent".

Received my replacement unit under warranty and guess what? Also has no bluetooth.

Seems like a full manufacturing batch went out without the cards even being installed. Pretty dodgy QC on these Helixes unfortunately.

zummogolegy
What's DOS?
Views: 1,648
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your advice!

I turned my Helix into a Lenovo partner service and the found that the Bluetooth device was missing. Same problem.

I had an agreement with the reatiler so they will order a matching Bluetooth module from Lenovo and install into my Helix free of charge. Problem looks solved :-)

britannicus
What's DOS?
Views: 1,403
Message 4 of 4

Hi, was the problem actually solved? I have the same issue here, still expecting an answer from the retailer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors