Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bergman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,354
Message 1 of 42

Helix Bluetooth issues... for Lenovo support personel

I installed the recent updates which included a Bluetooth update but the major issue is still unresolved. Specifically if you turn the machine on from cold boot, the Bluetooth will be off, and the option to turn it on or off will be greyed out. If you reboot the system the Bluetooth comes on and works fine from there. The bottom line is you have to perform two system boots to get Bluetooth to work so using a mouse and keyboard is still an issue here.

It does appear that I am having far less Bluetooth lock ups however with the new update so that appears fixed.

Bergman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,313
Message 2 of 42

Re: Helix Bluetooth issues... for Lenovo support personel

Spoke to soon. The Bluetooth delays are still there, but not as frequent. What will happen is a Bluetooth device will stop responding briefly, then will start back up again. Sometimes it lasts a few seconds, and other times for a few minutes.

It appears the Bluetooth drivers are still not working correctly.

sgreenst
Punch Card
Views: 1,286
Message 3 of 42

I have had the same problem reported in another post.  I was excited to finally see a new driver posted for Bluetooth.  I updated the driver, same results, no improvement.  If I turn off Helix, and start up, the Bluetooth device does not show up.  The only work around is restart.  Also, after working on it for a few hours, the Bluetooth services will just disappear, and have to restart to get them back.

Interesting situation, the Lenovo service center where I have had my Helix repaired (main battery died), has a i5 version.  It works fine, I turned it off, and back on, Bluetooth works fine.  Also, interesting, we have two Helix's, both have the same issue with the Bluetooth.  Lenovo Service Center could not idenify where the problem is and does not believe it is the module itself.

After updating to the new driver, I am getting "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" when waking from sleep, just started.  I took the driver out, and it still does it consistantly.  Their were a couple of other updates that came along with the Bluetooth one, and I am methodically removing them to find out which update is the culprit.

Finally, will be getting a replacement for my Helix next week for other unresolved issues, we will see if that has the Bluetooth issue or not, stay tuned.  If that fixes it, then they will be replacing the other one we have too.

ynohtna
Punch Card
Views: 1,220
Message 4 of 42

Not sure it's all the time but I searched bluetooth helix after mine was for some reason showing as not installed in the device manager.

Found this post, restarted my machine and bluetooth is back.

Something is weird!

pbcsd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,151
Message 5 of 42

I'm still having this exact same issue.  Have to restart the computer right after a cold boot, delete the Bluetooth mouth then reinstall it for it to work.

It then works for a bit, and then stops working, before starting to work again in a few minutes on its own.

I've installed the latest bios/firmware update.  Is there another update being discussed?

Is Lenovo looking into this as I would have thought Bluetooth functionality is pretty much table stakes for laptops and tablets at this stage of the game.  This is embarrassing.

pbcsd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,148
Message 6 of 42

Humorously, my Bluetooth mouse literally stopped working again right after clicking on "Post" of my last message.  Some sort of Karma I guess.  See how long it takes to get it back...

pbcsd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,142
Message 7 of 42

... and it's back again within about 30 seconds. 

5 minutes later, it's off again.... and back again about 10 seconds later.

ecsrun
Paper Tape
Views: 1,112
Message 8 of 42

I initially tried an i7 model of the helix and then moved to an i5 model due to battery/heat related issues.. On both models I have encountered these same bluetooth issues.

I don't care if it is a driver or a hardware issue - Lenovo, please fix this yesterday!

Former Employee
Views: 1,024
Message 9 of 42

Hi all,

thanks for posting and welcome to the forum to those that are new here. I was reading through this thread and would like our teams to take a look at the Issue.Closer,

If you'd be kind, could you PM me some information in. The details I require can be found below.

Machine type model (MTM) :
Serial Number :

Bluetooth Driver version:

Hope to hear back.
Bergman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,001
Message 10 of 42

PM sent from me with all requested data so let me know if you do not receive it. Also keep in mind I have all patches and updates applied, and latest BIOS. My Windows is stock as installed from factory. Also I have unchecked all power management options for Bluetooth.

At this point any time I turn the machine on from a cold boot, Bluetooth will be disabled. You have to perform a re-boot and it will come back on. This happens every time. Also I still get random times where the Bluetooth device completely stops working, then will start back up again. Sometimes that takes a few seconds, and sometimes up to a minute. It will happen every hour or so but seems completely random. I have used several Bluetooth devices including keyboards and mice and all devices will stop working.

Thx for responding.. hopefully we can get this resolved.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors