Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tghyatt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,832
Message 21 of 49

Re: Helix - Digital Pen Pressure Sensitivity issue

If you have used a Samsung tablet under Windows 8 you will see that indeed somebody has solved this on the Samsung machine. I can attest to this because I owned the 700t and pressure sensitivity worked perfectly in sketchbook pro and painter (neither of which work on the Helix)
wreckanize
Punch Card
Views: 1,706
Message 22 of 49

It works fine for me in Sketchbook Pro 6.1. So far Adobe programs are the only ones that don't work.

kagekitsune
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,676
Message 23 of 49

has there been any attempt to downgrade to win 7 and see if pressure sensitivity works with that way?

RV824
Punch Card
Views: 1,540
Message 24 of 49

tghyatt,

Why did you not keep the Samsung AtivPro?  It seems that it would be a great machine since it already had pressure sensitivity for photoshop and sketchbook pro.

I ask this because I'm considering buying one myself.  What are the drawbacks that caused you to return it?

tghyatt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,534
Message 25 of 49

I returned it because it had a fatal flaw which was that the screen lid did not opn up far enough for me to be able to look at the screen comfortable without bending my head down. On lap lap I had to either put something under the front bottom of the keyboard to adjyst the angle or tilt my knees up. Unlike the Lenovo Yoga, for instance, where there is unlimited travel of the screen against the keyboard, the Samsugn 700T had (for me)  a very narrow opening that just made using it uncomfortable. Othewise it was great.  

RV824
Punch Card
Views: 1,527
Message 26 of 49

Do you notice a difference in performance between the ATIVpro and the Helix when using them?  

I want a tablet that I can use to create digital paintings using photoshop and painter.  

I know that there is only a subtle performance boost from i5 to i7, but is it worth $1000 more for the 8 GB ram?

tghyatt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,516
Message 27 of 49

I didn't really notice much of a difference. They both felt pretty zippy and drawing was fairly precise and natural.  I loved the Lenovo keyboard and thought the Helix had more of a quality feel than the Samsung.  

Sonsurion
Paper Tape
Views: 1,259
Message 28 of 49

Looks like a fix was just released by Wacom in conjunction with Microsoft for the Surface pro. It's a new driver straight from Wacom, and should work on other devices. Anyone with a Helix and Photoshopable to install these drivers and give it a spin and tell us if they work???

We posted a new driver for devices with Wacom Feel IT! Technology inside, giving you pressure sensitivity in apps. http://bit.ly/YIqQ29 

gophynna
SCSI Port
Views: 1,248
Message 29 of 49

Thanks for the links guys!  I really appreciate both the review that has been done on the wacom aspect of the helix and the driver information that has been provided by you guys.  

Guru
Views: 1,193
Message 30 of 49

Remember to remove the pen from the Helix before installing Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors