cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgtiger
Paper Tape
Views: 682
Message 1 of 5

Helix Issues: Ghosting of fingertip on touchscreen and Crooked mounting connector on keyboard base.

Anybody else have either of these two issues with their Thinkpad Helix:

1)  When I use the touch screen, I can see a slight ghosting trail on the screen itself, whether I press the screen or drag my finger along the screen.  It looks somewhat similar to touching an LCD monitor and dragging your finger down it.  This is not something I am accustomed to seeing on touchscreen devices like the Helix.  Anyone else notice this as well?

2)  When I received the device, the keyboard dock has two connectors that allow the tablet to integrate with the dock depending which way the tablet is facing.  The one on the left is for front facing and the identical one on the right is for "display mode."  The display mode connector was crooked (as though it was not fully seated).  When I mounted the device into display mode, it seemed to fully seat the connector.  I tugged on it lightly and it isn't coming out, but I didn't want to press my luck.  Common issue for anyone else?

Thanks!

jc0
Paper Tape
Views: 654
Message 2 of 5

Re: Helix Issues: Ghosting of fingertip on touchscreen and Crooked mounting connector on keyboard b

For #1, I thought that's part of Windows 8 eye candy
TJoeC
Serial Port
Views: 630
Message 3 of 5

Re: Helix Issues: Ghosting of fingertip on touchscreen and Crooked mounting connector on keyboard b

Don't see any monitor ghosting, do see some software-generated touch ahdows in some contexts (Like the start screen... very clearly eye candy to confirm a prolonged touch)

houndkor
Serial Port
Views: 593
Message 4 of 5

Touch trail is the UX element of Windows 8. No problem with that. If you really don't want to see it, try googling about Windows 8 touch feedbacks.

Not sure what you are talking about, but my three Helixs never had an issue with the connectors.

W540(Sold), Helix(Sold), Tablet 2(Sold), Tablet 10, X120e(Sold), X201 Tablet, X41 Tablet(Sold), X41, S30*4, X32*4, 701C*4
You could throw around your ThinkPad because it won't break.
You can still throw around your ThinkPad because it will break anyway even if you treasure it.
sgtiger
Paper Tape
Views: 563
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the replies.  I do see that it is a Windows 8 feature now.

I haven't had any issues yet with the connector, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors