cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bermbeard
Serial Port
Views: 235
Message 11 of 14

Re: Helix_battery drains when shut down!

I have had my unit for several months, and after initial issues have been resolved from updates, I have only cosmetic issues at the point.

Lenovo has supposedly sold thousands of these units. So, I wouldn't say it's common.

To change the power button action or lid action, you would need to edit the advanced settings for power options. If you've not done this, then don't worry about changing these settings now.

If you continue having unexpected shutdowns I would contact the service center because there could be defective hardware, device/software conflicts or other issues.

Helix: 3697 CTO.

Thinkpad user since IBM. I do not work for Lenovo or any entity working for Lenovo.
karljian
Fanfold Paper
Views: 224
Message 12 of 14

Thanks. It just happened again. Does it have anything to do with the fast startup setup?

Bermbeard
Serial Port
Views: 199
Message 13 of 14

Intel Rapid Start might, maybe, possibly have something to do with it -- but it's hard to say with out psychically working with your device, debug tools or being on-site.

I'm curious, when your device wakes from sleep do you see any driver related messages? Did you see any driver related messages in the system event logs? Or do you have any drivers in Device Manager that have a yellow exclamation mark or drivers that have caused you any problems?
Helix: 3697 CTO.

Thinkpad user since IBM. I do not work for Lenovo or any entity working for Lenovo.
karljian
Fanfold Paper
Views: 168
Message 14 of 14

I think this problem is more than I can manage to solve. I'll come back to it when I have time. Thanks for your time and help!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors