Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willwenzel
Paper Tape
Views: 588
Message 1 of 2

Helix lost touchscreen after windows update

Hi guys, I have what I think is a driver problem. In January my touchscreen stopped working after a windows update.  I've tried everthing I can find on the internet, and even re-installing windows, but touchscreen doesn't work.  There are no conflicts showing in system devices, windows reports it as being 10 digit touchscreen enabled, and I've even tried opening it to unkink the ribbon.

Anyone else have this happen after a windows update? Anyone know how to get back to original windows 8 install to test the windows theory?

Thanks in advance for opinions/advice.

Original helix, 3694 I think

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 564
Message 2 of 2

Re: Helix lost touchscreen after windows update

Hi willwenzel,

I have a Helix 3698 upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 Pro. So far I have had no problem with Windows Updates or the touchscreen. Even though System Devices shows no conflicts, have you checked for updated drivers and BIOS? I know that Windows Update checks for those before it installs an update, but it might be good to go to Support and take a look, or to install Lenovo Vantage if you don't have it so it can scan for Lenovo Updates.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors