Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winchiexue
Paper Tape
Views: 1,450
Message 1 of 3

Helix rear camera not working

Hi everyone,

I recently have a problem with the rear camera. There is about 75% chance the rear camera will not start properly. 

It happens randomly. One way to re-appear this problem is try to "change camera" in the win8.1 camera app. Usually, after I switched from the front camera to the rear one for 2-3 times, the rear camera just died. The green camera LED will still turn on, but nothing shows on the screen -- all black. And you will never know when it will come back... Sometimes after reboot... Sometimes just after several mins....

I feel like the rear camera can not be power on for whatever reason, because even when I disable/enable the rear camera in the device manager. Sometimes, it shows "This device is not able to power on" or something similar.

--- This is not a front camera problem which has been asked frequently. My front camera always works very well.

--- It is caused by the camera app, since I tested other apps, such as Skype -- same problem.

--- I think this might be a driver issue. I install/uninstall/reinstalled the latest driver on Lenovo website. Doesn't work.

Anything else I can do? This problem is really annoying.

Please feel free to reply even if you have no solution but the same problem. I want to know if this is a common issue.

Thanks in advance.

Burken
What's DOS?
Views: 1,318
Message 2 of 3

Re: Helix rear camera not working

Same problem here.. no fix  foundSmiley Sad

I have it on both my Helix laptops... So not a hardware problem i guess..

Spacemurph
What's DOS?
Views: 1,080
Message 3 of 3

Re: Helix rear camera not working

i had this problem last year.  There was another driver loaded on the system that I removedand it resolved the problem.  Unfortunately I cannot rememberwhat it was.  My machine developed a few more faults and I returned it for repair.  The service centre updated the drivers and now I have the problem with the Integrated Rear Camera again.  So far I have not been able to find a solution.  Its going in for a warranty repair again.  I AM NOT IMPRESSED WITH LENOVO.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors