cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
czlzy2008
Paper Tape
Views: 6,505
Message 1 of 2

How to use Intel My WiFi Technology (Intel MWT)

Hi all

seems intel has added this cool feature about nearly one year ago. But still cannot figour out a way to enable this function on my X200 Tablet with the latest Access Connection (5.21) installed. Intel WiFi 5300 was originally configured with my machine.

Does Anyone have any idea? 

also anohter missing feature......intel Cliffside.. I saw a grey icon in the Access Connection (5.21).. But cannot use it either..

any suggestions?  

THanks

Thinkpad X200 Tablet: SL9400(1.86GHz), 4GB RAM, 160GB 7200rpm HD, 12.1in 1280x800 LCD Touchscreen, Intel X4500HD, Intel 802.11agn wireless, Vodafone/AT&T WWAN, Bluetooth, 1Gb Ethernet, Secure chip, Fingerprint reader, Camera, 8c Li-Ion, WinVista Biz
misguidedmonkey
Paper Tape
Views: 5,897
Message 2 of 2

Re: How to use Intel My WiFi Technology (Intel MWT)

I went to intel.com and downloaded the PROset/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility (the redundancy of "wireless wifi" bothers me, but I forged ahead anyway.) It'll let you enable My WiFi Technology to setup a Personal Area Network (PAN) that a second laptop will see as a WPA2 network and can connect to.

So far, all I've been able to do is share my internet connection, which is kinda cool because it's using the same wifi card for two things at once. I suppose I can imagine some situation where this might come in handy, but I would really like to be able to setup filesharing with another laptop. Considering the intended use of a PAN I expect it's possible, but I didn't dig deep enough to figure it out.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors