Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JChandlerS
Blue Screen Again
Views: 561
Message 1 of 1

I can't factory reset my Lenovo Helix 20cg Thinkpad

I've had a virus on the laptop/tablet for a while now and it was ruining the PC for me. I tried multiple different free malware detection services but the actual problems always slipped through. I didn't want to have to pay for a whole new program just to clean it out, and because this is a fairly new device I decided to just factory reset the whole thing. I followed the steps in the user manual and a couple of different internet sites, but I've hit a brick wall. When I get to the reset screen of the laptop, all of the possible options I can use encounter errors. I tried to use "refresh your PC" and get "There was a problem refreshing your PC". I tried "reset your PC" and it gets about half way through the process and says "There was a problem resetting your PC". I went into the advanced options that looks like the image I've attached to this post. It says I do not have any point to restore to, I don't have an image backup, the system repair says that it couldn't repair the PC, I have no idea what to do in command prompt, I couldn't find anything useful in the UEFI (But then again, I didn't know what to look for), and startup settings doesn't do anything. On top of all that, I can't even get out of this menu. My options at the menu start are to Continue (Exit and continue to Windows 8.1), Use a device (Which I do not have one or know how to get one), Troubleshoot, and Turn off your PC. When I try to continue, the PC boots up, says "Preparing Automatic Repair" and I get put right back into this menu. I have no idea what to do at this point and nothing I've found in the manual or online has an answer that I've found. Please, this was already a very expensive investment and I don't have the money to pay a store a couple hundred dollars to fix the problem. There has to be something I'm missing, I just can't find any answers. All I need are steps to walk through and I'll fix the PC on my own without having to go to a store and pay. I just need to figure out how to COMPLETELY wipe the PC and set it back to factory settings so I can have a fresh start. Maybe I need to use a device as that's the only thing I haven't actually tried at this point, but I have no idea what that means or how to do it. At this point I'd rather have had the working laptop with a virus instead of a broken laptop and can't even start up properly. Please help, this was an expensive laptop and I've only had it for a few months and would really hate for it to be permanently broken.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors