Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DerekOConnor
Paper Tape
Views: 178
Message 1 of 2

Installing Windows 8 on my X230t

What issues will I face when installing Windows 8 on my machine?

I have to reset my OS due to it crashing Microsoft Office and other Microsoft programs, and have the option to either stay Windows 7 or go Windows 8
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 146
Message 2 of 2

Re: Installing Windows 8 on my X230t

Hi Derek, welcome to the forums,

sorry I didn't see this earlier. You may have already switched to Windows 8 or stayed with Windows 7 but still felt your question deserved an answer.  The only potential issue which can be tricky is screen rotation, but I think we have that covered in the following Knowledgebase article;

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/ThinkPad-X230t-won-t-auto-rotate-under-Win...

Depending on how you like to install your system drivers you could visit the X230T support site and in downloads choose Enterprise Management in the Component drop down menu and then download the SCCM driver pack for the version of Windows 8/8.1 being installed.  The other option would be to let System Update do the work before and after you have installed current Windows updates.

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals