Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

10-17-2014

Ottawa, ON

9 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 1 of 3

Intel(R) 82577LC Gigabit Network Connection stops working with a yellow "!"

2014-10-17, 2:58 AM

My NIC stops working by showing a yellow "!".  I disabled it., uninstalled it, tried to update it, the problem remains the same.  Shutting down the computer and/or Reboot it will prompt the error message:  "PXE-E05: The LAN adapter's NVM configuration is corrupted". But, it will boot properly after without LAN network connection.

When I tried to update it, it will stop by prompting: "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer".  In the BIOS, I reset it to the default, checked the boot order (the NIC is the last one in the list, which is normal).  I disable WOL. The problem persists.

I don't know what to do now.  Since it said, while updating the driver, No Intel(R) Adapter is present.  In device manager, the adapter is still present with the yellow "!" .

I restored my laptop to a previous Restore Point. Nothing!

I would appreciate if someone could provide me with a solution! Thank you!

Below is all the error messages when trying to install or update the driver:

Intel Adapter Error.PNG

NoIntelMessage.PNG

Options

3 Posts

10-17-2014

Ottawa, ON

9 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Intel(R) 82577LC Gigabit Network Connection stops working with a yellow "!"

2014-10-23, 14:47 PM

Hi There, I'm sad there is no one to help me with my persistent, unsolved case with the NIC of my Laptop Lenovo X201 Tablet.  No one in this community to say even a word.  The Laptop is still working normally without the wired network connection.

Someone from an Intel Forum suggest: " The eeprom on the NIC is corrupted, you can try reflashing the eeprom by checking with your laptop vendor for BIOS update.

I downloaded the lastest BIOS update from support.lenovo.com, to realize my BIOS is already up-to-date, because it's the same version than I'm trying to install.  

Is there another way to reprogram the corrupted EEPROM on the NIC?  Please, help!

Options

1 Posts

12-29-2018

Philippines

2 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Intel(R) 82577LC Gigabit Network Connection stops working with a yellow "!"

2018-12-29, 13:06 PM

I have the exact same issue with the exact same unit and driver. I have already tried all of the options mentioned above as well. I'm guessing we can't really get help here.  

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms