cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelubc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,591
Message 1 of 4

Intermittent Freezing and Stutter while scrolling webpage in Internet Explorer on X200T

I just recently purchased an Lenovo X200 Tablet and whenever I scroll down the page in Internet Explorer, I get intermittent freezing or stuttering. The stutter/pause happens for about 3-10 seconds and then resumes to scroll. It appears to happen mostly on pages such as Amazon.com or Ebay.com and despite having the webpage fully downloaded, it still occurs scrolling up and down the same page. I tried updating my wireless network drivers thinking it could be poor wireless internet reception but it still occurs; there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with my router or internet broadband as I tested it on another computer. 

I don't know if it has any relationship to the "buzzing" or "whining" noise, Centrino whine that people have spoken of in the forums, that I also hear with my computer when it's extremely quiet.

If anyone has experience or can advise what's going on, I'd appreciate it.

jaybird
Punch Card
Views: 1,575
Message 2 of 4

Re: Intermittent Freezing and Stutter while scrolling webpage in Internet Explorer on X200T

I would try using a different browser first like firefox to make sure it isn't an issue with IE and not something else.

I personally do not use IE as the default browser and have never experienced such issues in firefox with my X200 tablet.

let us know the results.

michaelubc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,542
Message 3 of 4

Re: Intermittent Freezing and Stutter while scrolling webpage in Internet Explorer on X200T

Hi Jaybird,

Thank you for your suggestion to using firefox. It seems to fun fast and smooth with no intermittent freezing/resuming behaviour browsing and scrolling down the page, for example, on Amazon.com. 

I restored to factory settings and it did resume to work with no problems in IE and then today again started to have the problems. Even with all normally downloaded and installed windows update patches, it was working fine initially but  now the problems are back on IE . An identical computer on my wireless network has no problems so my wireless router and internet connection should be okay to be ruled out. It would seem that it is not a hardware based issue , such as a faulty wireless card or bad internal circuits of the computer, because it works well on Firefox browser.

I'll play around with it more again and if I find any more results, I'll post it up again for anyone else which might be experiencing the same problems.

jaybird
Punch Card
Views: 1,506
Message 4 of 4

You may want to try turning off all of the IE add-ons under Tools->Manage Addons.. and see if that improves performance.

If the add-ons are causing this issue, you can use some deductive logic in determining which one or combinations of the addons that causes your stuttering.  Also you may want to update your addons as well.

I'd probably switch to Firefox unless you HAVE to use IE. For example, specific software development purposes.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors