Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unhappy7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 412
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Power Manager Driver Not Functioning on X230T

Hi, I use Lenovo Vantage to set the battery charge threshold for my X230 Tablet. I recently when into the settings to adjust the threshhold and saw this message,"The Lenovo Power Manager driver is not installed or not working properly. Please run Windows Update to install the latest driver." I am now unable to adjust the charge threshold, so it is stuck at 70%. Here's what I have tried so far:

1) Ran Windows update. Result: No new updates available.

2) Opened Device Manager, Battery, scanned for driver updates. Result: No updates.

3) Found the appropriate Lenovo Power Manager driver on Lenovo's website, downloaded, installed, and rebooted. Result: Problem persists.

This is very frustrating. It happened before when Lenovo combined the functionality of several different programs into Vantage. It's getting really frustrating. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 313
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Power Manager Driver Not Functioning on X230T

This is referring to "Lenovo Power Manager" which is different than "Lenovo PM Device".  It comes from Windows Update.  Do you have "Lenovo Power Manager" in Device Manager -> System Devices?

unhappy7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 286
Message 3 of 8

Hi, thanks so much for replying, Guy! Yes, I do indeed have "Lenovo Power Manager" in Device Manager -> System Devices. However, no updates updates were found through Device Manager (using the context menu), nor through using Windows Update. 

I also tried manually downloading the Lenovo Power Manager driver from the Lenovo Support site and installing it, but that did not fix the problem either. I version I installed can be found by following link below and then selecting "Power Managment" under the Components menu. I am using Windows 10, 64-bit.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-tablet-laptops/th...

unhappy7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 213
Message 4 of 8

Help, please?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 205
Message 5 of 8

Please check in Task Manager, details tab, sort by Name, and see if PowerMgr.exe is running.

unhappy7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 167
Message 6 of 8

No, it's not running.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 103
Message 7 of 8

I don't have any X230T, but I checked my T430 from same generation and didn't find a problem.  In Device Manager:

- "Lenovo PM Device" is version 1.67.16.20

- "Lenovo Power Manager" is version 10.0.88.0

In Task Manager, PowerMgr.exe is running from "C:\Windows\SysWow64\Lenovo\PowerMgr" folder.

Please check the above versions and that this folder exists on your PC.

Highlighted
unhappy7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 87
Message 8 of 8

Thanks again for the help, Guy. I was showing the same version of both drivers in Device Manager. I noticed several days ago that the folder C:\Windows\SysWow64\Lenovo\PowerMgr existed, but was empty. As mentioned in my previous post, reinstalling Lenovo Power Manager from the Lenovo site did not fix this. Fortunately, I just found the solution: I rolled back both drivers,"Lenovo PM Device" version 1.67.16.20 and "Lenovo Power Manager" version 10.0.88.0, to the previous version in Device Manager. I then updated both drivers in Device Manager and rebooted. Problem Solved! PowerMgr.exe is running in Task Manager, the aforementioned PowerMgr folder is populated, and I am once again able to change my battery charge threshhold using Lenovo Vantage. Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors