Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Billaboard
Punch Card
Views: 1,897
Message 1 of 17

Lenovo X200 tablet Windows 10 single touch

I am trying to work on OBD2 bluetooth car dongles and, because of traditional Windows difficulties with phantom serial port retention, I needed to find a machine with little in the way of features that could confuse me by having many serial ports already in use. I also wanted to use Windows 10 to look at its enhanced features eg bluetooth in Microsoft Message Analyser.

My old X200T looked ideal. It worked perfectly in W7 and provided pen and single touch, thus being ideal for working in the front seat of a vehicle.

The update to W10 went well, and the pen works fine, but single touch does nothing. At one stage in thrashing about with drivers, I had it working on the touch calibration on-screen "targets", but it did nothing when I touched the on-screen touch pads. Even that has now stopped working.

I think the problem may be related to the fact that Microsoft is telling me that it has Pen and Touch support with 2 Touch points. If I uninstall everything related to Wacom and reboot, Pen disappears, but Touch with 2 touch points always comes back.

Has anyone else seen this and found a workaround?

Billaboard
Punch Card
Views: 1,871
Message 2 of 17

Re: Lenovo X200 tablet Windows 10 single touch

Well, things have changed, but there's no progress.

I removed all the pen and touch drivers again and rebooted. At this stage it said "No pen or touch".

Installed the W7 Lenovo support site driver. It now said Pen and single touch, and in control panel, I had Pen and Touch, Tablet PC Settings and Touch Settings.

Via Touch settings, I got to a touch calibrate screen that responded with a ping and moved on when I touched each target, but when I then touched the screen buttons to "Try Again", Cancel, etc. it pinged, but there was no actual response.

The other Touch Calibrate screen doesn't respond at all.

I then went via Upgrade Driver on that screen to the Wacom site, which I always find pretty confusing. I selected "Tablet PC" and was offered only a 32-bit driver. The machine runs 64-bit Windows.

Now the Touch Settings has been replaced by "Wacom Pen", which has no Touch settings.

The machine now still shows Pen and Single touch.

In Device Manager under "Human Interface Devices", I now have 21 entries, which seems a lot.

Almost everything else seems to work pretty well, including screen rotation etc., so it would be really helpful to get the touch feature working.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,859
Message 3 of 17

Hi Billaboard,

Yes I have run into this too, I'm still experimenting with it.  

When I installed Win 10, it installed the Wacom driver you had and Windows said that I had pen only.  So, I opened the Wacom driver and chose to update the driver and picked choose the driver and it went to the screen in the attachments below.  I chose the one highlighted and installed it and Windows now says that I have Pen and single touch support.  Going to the pen and touch in Control Panel and choosing touch doesn't give me any response to touch, only pen.

I think the correct driver is the penabled minidriver and there have been different versions all the way back to the X41T.  I think I'm going to go backwards and see if any of the past ones work.

That's where I stand now with this, the pen works perfect, just not touch.  I know this doesn't help much but I think I might be on the right track.

Regards

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Billaboard
Punch Card
Views: 1,846
Message 4 of 17

Hi Dave,

Good to know I'm not the only one. I've searched high and low and not found anyone who has reliably solved this.

My Windows 10 installation was an upgrade from Windows 7, so I think my next move is to do a fresh install from the iso download and then try the various old drivers that I have.

I'll post here if I find anything that works. I have some X60T's and an erratic X61T, so I probably can find a few different drivers on them.

Regards,

Bill

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,840
Message 5 of 17

Hi Bill,

Yes, I've searched too and didn't find anything.  I upgraded  also from 7. I don't have an X61T anymore and my X60T needs a new board.  

Yeh, let me know if you find anything, I'll try too.

Dave 

PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Billaboard
Punch Card
Views: 1,811
Message 6 of 17

After a clean install of W10 from the iso file, I haven't got anywhere with older drivers, but the Windows 7 drivers produce the effect where it is possible to apparently carry out touch alignment, but actual touch use doesn't work, even in the alignment screen.

I've run the alignment and used the SysInternals' Process Monitor to look at where it fails, and I suspect it is where I see a path to a RegOpenKey recorded as

HKCU\--notsupported--

I wondered if this was due to the drivers writing to and from the Program Files directory, but I can't see any way  to change where the drivers are installed except by a humungous number of edits to the installation text files. It's weird to give the option to change where the installation files are saved to, but not the destination for the actual driver installation.

Having left the machine for a few hours and trying the touch calibration again, it is now saying   "The touch driver is not running. Please reinstall the touch driver".

Billaboard
Punch Card
Views: 1,789
Message 7 of 17

And another thing with Windows 10: I've just discovered why I've been having very erratic results.

If I install the W7 64-bit driver from Lenovo, Windows 10 automatically updates it to later drivers. I think the Wacom driver goes from 3.1.1.3 to 7.3.1.6 in device manager, and this happens at a random time after the initial driver installation.

I have changed the automatic download of manufacturer's apps and icons in "Device Installation Settings" to "No", but this still hasn't stopped it updating silently and without any indication.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,784
Message 8 of 17

Mine is still on 3.1.1.3 because I have WU set to not install updates over a metered connection.  I have all my wifi connections set to metered so I don't get updates automatically.

Windows will say that updates are available but they won't download or install until I connect to a network that I don't have set as metered.

If you want to try it, go to settings, Network and Internet, and scroll down and open Advanced options.  You'll see the metered  connection setting there.

This way you can at least look at the proposed updates and see if there is anything in there that is weird.

Dave

Billaboard
Punch Card
Views: 1,730
Message 9 of 17

Well, it's early days, but I'm making some progress. The problem is that I'm not sure how, so I'll have to go back and try to establish a working procedure when I have time.

I did set the machine to "metered networking" to stop the unwanted Windows 10 driver updates, then removed all the drivers under the HID section in Device manager.

Then I think I installed driver 7wgf06ww.exe that originally came from the Lenovo support site.

This brought up a Touch Panel and a Wacom Device entry in the HID section.  These contain drivers as follows

Touch Panel             Driver provider GUNZE version 2.5.1.0 dated 14/02/2007

Wacom Device         Driver Provider Wacom Version 3.0.1.1 dated 13/09/2013

Note that this is different from the driver I had before Version  3.1.1.3

At this stage nothing worked, but there were messages that the Touch driver was not running.

Task manager showed Touch Drivers as running, but I restarted the WTabletServiceISD service.  Touch and Pen now worked.

The separate TabletServiceISD was shown as stopped.

I have found that Touch seems to survive a machine Sleep, but if I restart the machine I have to separately restart the WTabletServiceISD after the machine is up and running.

I am sorry this is still such a mess and so confused, but thought it worth reporting.

Somehow in all this the screen auto-rotate has stopped working!

I have also been trying to get the Microsoft wsushowhide.diagcab program to work so that I can hide the driver update, but that, too, has been confusing me in that the pending driver update disappeared after I ran it and it found no hidden updates.

What an adventure W10 is.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,722
Message 10 of 17

That's ok, you made more headway than I did.

Interesting that the working driver is older, I have to try this, I'll have to look in the registry and see what the values are on that service that needs to be restarted after a restart. I'll bet the driver for the auto rotate sensor is somewhere in that older driver.

You did good, gives us something to play with.

Thanks,Smiley Happy

Dave

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors