Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adalbert68
Token Ring
Views: 512
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo X220 tablet LCD backlight.

My doughter's laptop falled down from the table what caused that the LCD is not working correctly. It lights a little bit, but stays almost dark. I checked the LCD, and it looks that the one is OK (I put it into another X220 t and it works.

So it looks that there's something different broken (also I mounted the correctly working LCD from another X220 t into the one and doesnt work either). What could it be? Where should I find the reason of that? Could it be something with the motherboard or what? As mentioned before, the LCD lights a little bit, but doesn't show anything, stays dark (a little lighter than as is OFF).

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 499
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo X220 tablet LCD backlight.

I'm guessing you blew a fuse on the motherboard.  They are VERY fast burning fuses and easy to blow.  Unfortunately, most places cannot fix that sort of problem without replacing the board.

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
adalbert68
Token Ring
Views: 490
Message 3 of 5

But could it happened because of the laptop falled down? It started to work that way just after it falled. I know that the fuses used to blow when you disconnect the LCD from the motherboard with the battery or charger on, but that time it was before I do anything with the laptop (even when switching the LCD, I disconected all power sources).

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 482
Message 4 of 5

I have seen them blow out in a fall. The main battery is still connected

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
adalbert68
Token Ring
Views: 454
Message 5 of 5

OK, I've to give the motherboard to check by my familiar electronic. But in the meantime I noticed another problem with the LCD, which looked working properely after that fall down. All works good except the touch. The LCD stoped fell any touch (with pen or finger) at all. I've even reinstalled the system on the second laptop with that LCD mounted. But didn't help. Looks that after that fall also something wrong happend to the LCD. Is it possible to fix that touch? What can I do with that?

Top Kudoed Authors