Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notaneggspert
What's DOS?
Views: 28,387
Message 1 of 15

Lenovo X230 tablet Thinkpad/trackpad not functioning

Touch screen, pen, and usb/bluetooth imputs work fine but the trackpad stops working several seconds after bootup/log in.

I've removed and reinstalled the latest lenovo trackpad drivers which fixes the problem for several seconds and then the trackpad/touch pad stop working again. After every restart again they work for a few seconds and then stop.

Are there any other possible sollutions? 

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 28,386
Message 2 of 15

Re: Lenovo X230 tablet Thinkpad/trackpad not functioning

welcome to the community!

please check to make sure your trackpad is not disabled in your bios.

for reference, on my t60p, i have the trackpad disabled in bios because i never use it ( trackpoint evangelist here Smiley Wink ). regardless, when i'm at the windows 7 login screen, my trackpad is active. as soon as i'm logged in and i've got a windows desktop, the trackpad is inactive. i'm not sure why i have that small window where it works, but there it is, fwiw.

cheers.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
X1C3 X1T3 X1T2 Helix1 X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p TPStack Yoga910 Yoga900S
TPYoga12 T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Yoga900 Yoga3Pro Yoga2Pro Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee

notaneggspert
What's DOS?
Views: 28,335
Message 3 of 15

It's enabled in the system bios. My webam is also constantly rotated 180 degress the wrong way. So I'm always upside down whether I'm on google hang out, skype, or an application installed on the computer. Haven't found any settings to flip the webcam properly. It's not in tablet mode I've checked. It seems like half my drivers aren't working had lots of little hardware issues like the keyboard or usb mouse just not working, or getting stuck in tablet mode I don't think the Pci slot works either.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 28,331
Message 4 of 15

sounds to me like a whole lot of "not working" or working "wonky" on your pc.

have you considered getting it checked out by Service under warranty?

regards.

PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

notaneggspert
What's DOS?
Views: 28,321
Message 5 of 15

I have but I need the computer for school and all my photoediting stuff has been registered, installed, and configured on this machine. I just don't have the time to send it in and can't afford to be with out a computer.

I have to say I'm disappointed I've had all the problems with this computer I bought a Lenovo Thinkpad because they are supposedly tough and reliable. 

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 28,317
Message 6 of 15

sorry you're having issues.

i do understand the problems being without a principal machine for a period of time. not easy at all.

maybe a call to Service would get you a referral to a servicer local to you. that might cut down on any downtime.

just a thought...

i will say that, as disappointed as you feel, your experience isn't the norm, but exceptions do slip through in any product. i've got more years than i care to admit using products in the Think line, both in the Lenovo era and back to IBM, and i've only had one machine give me grief. A T22 that ended up needing a planar replacement, twice. i can honestly say that friends, family and colleagues have had far more issues with laptops from all of the other makers.

just my experience. others' mileage may vary.

notaneggspert
What's DOS?
Views: 28,285
Message 7 of 15

Well today the Touch screen and audio jack isn't working. So by next week I'm assuming the tablet will brick its self. Only Lasted a month I'll try to find a service center but I just don't have free time and I was using the tablet/pen to take all my notes but I'm back to paper and pen today Smiley Frustrated

jnolan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 28,195
Message 8 of 15

Call support. 1-800-426-7378

They can remote into your machine and make sure you have the right drivers installed.

They fixed the upside down camera issue for me before- it was a while ago- can't remember what they did.

Have you run your Lenovo updates?  Do that- can take and hour or so depending on your internet connection.  Definitely do that, then call support- they can fix stuff for you easily.

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 27,099
Message 9 of 15

Hello Notaneggspert,

You can relax now as I have a fix for this issue of the Trackpad and Touchpad mice not working. The fix is to install the latest drivers for the ultranav touchpad and trackpad. As for the Touchpad and Audio Jacks, I need more info about those issues if you can please. Hope that helped.

A+ Certified
galex
What's DOS?
Views: 26,623
Message 10 of 15

Same issues with me, and the support guys keep on saying to me that "i'm the only one facing these problems".

touchpad stops working few seconds after log in.

overall feeling is that many things doesn't function well, or function very slowly. A lot of small issues that come and go.

this is after a very good experience with previous lenovo machines (X230 non-tablet, T400, etc.).

i'm wondering if windows 7 can handle tablets.  i'm so much dissapointed, and feel like a guinea pig that also payed a lot of money to participate in this experiment.

Top Kudoed Authors