02-24-2010

Eagle, WI

1 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo X61 tablet with external battery

2010-02-24, 20:41 PM

I have a lenovo X61 tablet that I have purchased the extra battery for (the external one that mounts on the ultrabay connector).  This was working, but after upgrade to Windows 7, battery 2 (the external battery) gives an error.

After getting a new battery from lenovo (old one under warranty), it does the same thing.

Tech support is trying to look at this as a hardware problem, personally I think it is a software problem.

Puttling laptop on X6 tablet ultrabase continues to work, it's just the battery.

Ideas?

contact me if you have one of these batteries and are running windows 7, I would love to compare notes.

Hey Lenovo, how about getting your tech guys to actually understand what the differences in your batteries is?

Options

1 Posts

12-29-2016

US

3 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo X61 tablet with external battery

2016-12-29, 2:11 AM

I too have the X61 with two external batteries. I get the error Battery 2:The has failed due to normal wear and can not be charged. I "assume" I get the same error with the external charger as the charge lite flashes slowly for a couple of seconds then starts flashing fast instead of remaining steady on and changing to green when charged.

Anyone know what this error really means besides it is broke and needs replacement.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save