Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcreighton7
Punch Card
Views: 966
Message 1 of 2

Lost trackpad pointer on my Helix 2 after updates

Ok, I was cruising along OK on my Helix 2 with Windows 10 except when it went into auto sleep, it usually would not wake back up - I would have to hard reset it. If I manually put it to sleep, it had no problems. Got tired of that so yesterday I did a Lenovo update which included the newest 2017 BIOS. When the machine finished the installs, it had no trackpad pointer, but I think it may finally be waking from sleep. Anyway went into settings and trackpad shows as enabled. I set it to show where the pointer is by hitting the control button, and that reveals the trackpad does not move the pointer at all - like the trackpad is off or disconnected. So I have to use the touchscreen as a substitute for the mouse pointer. What can I do to fix this problem? The update section says this BIOS cannot be rolled back to an older version. Is there some other firmware I can update to fix my Helix 2 so it has a mouse pointer? or am I missing some setting that may have gotten reset by the updates? Thanks in advance to all respondents... someone else must have had this problem? Please help.

bcreighton7
Punch Card
Views: 947
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lost trackpad pointer on my Helix 2 after updates

Well, after spending 1-2 hrs downloading every piece of update software from Lenovo support, reinstalling the graphics driver, the Synaptics Thinkpad ultranav driver, the registry patch to enable KBD trackpoint touchpad for Windows 10, and the Synaptics fingerprint driver, I finally installed the firmware update utility for the Ultrabook pro keyboard, and wallah... my track pointer is back!!! Yeaah!!  So now it wakes from auto sleep and has a mouse pointer? what more can a man want? Well, it took awhile, but I finally appear to have this Helix where I want for convenient use. I will post another reply if I have any further kinks to iron out. If not, I will finally be able to give my Helix 2 the 10+ rating I've always wanted to give it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors