05-25-2015

US

26 Signins

276 Page Views

• Views: 276
  • Message 1 of 3

Lost trackpad pointer on my Helix 2 after updates

2017-12-04, 17:12 PM

Ok, I was cruising along OK on my Helix 2 with Windows 10 except when it went into auto sleep, it usually would not wake back up - I would have to hard reset it. If I manually put it to sleep, it had no problems. Got tired of that so yesterday I did a Lenovo update which included the newest 2017 BIOS. When the machine finished the installs, it had no trackpad pointer, but I think it may finally be waking from sleep. Anyway went into settings and trackpad shows as enabled. I set it to show where the pointer is by hitting the control button, and that reveals the trackpad does not move the pointer at all - like the trackpad is off or disconnected. So I have to use the touchscreen as a substitute for the mouse pointer. What can I do to fix this problem? The update section says this BIOS cannot be rolled back to an older version. Is there some other firmware I can update to fix my Helix 2 so it has a mouse pointer? or am I missing some setting that may have gotten reset by the updates? Thanks in advance to all respondents... someone else must have had this problem? Please help.

Solved! See the solution
Options

24 Posts

05-25-2015

US

26 Signins

276 Page Views

• Views: 276
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lost trackpad pointer on my Helix 2 after updates

2017-12-04, 18:44 PM

Well, after spending 1-2 hrs downloading every piece of update software from Lenovo support, reinstalling the graphics driver, the Synaptics Thinkpad ultranav driver, the registry patch to enable KBD trackpoint touchpad for Windows 10, and the Synaptics fingerprint driver, I finally installed the firmware update utility for the Ultrabook pro keyboard, and wallah... my track pointer is back!!! Yeaah!!  So now it wakes from auto sleep and has a mouse pointer? what more can a man want? Well, it took awhile, but I finally appear to have this Helix where I want for convenient use. I will post another reply if I have any further kinks to iron out. If not, I will finally be able to give my Helix 2 the 10+ rating I've always wanted to give it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

4 Posts

08-01-2014

US

5 Signins

74 Page Views

• Views: 74
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lost trackpad pointer on my Helix 2 after updates

2020-01-28, 22:48 PM

Ive been scouring these forums for people having issues with the ultrabook pro keyboard for the Helix 2. Ever since I upgraded to windows 10, the keyboard will randomly stop working, it has to be drivers because when it works it works great, but sometimes things like restarting the computer or recovering from sleep, the keyboard not recognize keystrokes, however it will recognize mouspad and left and right mouse button. It will also briefly light up when being connected/disconecetd from the tablet, in the brief period the backlight is on I can controlt he backlight with FN + Spacebar, and even turn FnLk on and light up the function key with green led.

However keystrokes will not register, and after a few seconds even the commands that previously work stopped working. I will then spend the next few days randomly disocnnecting the kb from the tablet, restarting the system, just to see if its working again.

When It is finally working as long as I dont ever let the screen turn off then the keyboard stays working.

Please help!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete