cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ExC
Paper Tape
Views: 790
Message 1 of 7

Multitouch stops working after hibernation (x201 tablet)

Hi, I was wondering if anyone would have any idea why my multitouch features stopped working after my system resumes from sleep/hibernation. It basically doesn't detect any multitouch feature but still detects the pen feature (although for the pen, the mouse cursor changes back to the traditional arrowhead rather than the dot that I'm used to).

I'm not sure if this is that important but I never had a problem prior to this: I recently swapped out my HDD for a SSD (and is working beautifully). I'm just not sure I have all the drivers although ThinkVantage and other driver updating programs that Lenovo has released says my system is up to date.

Thanks for your time,

ExC

Former Employee
Views: 771
Message 2 of 7

Re: Multitouch stops working after hibernation (x201 tablet)

hi ExC

it is hard to say what happen here. Curious to know, let's say if you put back the original HDD, does the error occur ?

At the same time, do go to >> http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-70656.html

and check if the software/driver version for your system is up to date.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
xenx
Fanfold Paper
Views: 750
Message 3 of 7

I have exactly this problem as well. The multitouch works again after restarting the computer. And I don't have an SSD, so it isn't a SSD issue. Might I add, all my stuff is updated as well from the thinkpad system update tool.

@ExC, Are you running a dual OS in another partition?

xenx
Fanfold Paper
Views: 739
Message 4 of 7

As I suspected, I have solved this problem by removing the other OS. Now multitouch works even after sleep and hibernation of the computer.

just a fyi.
atheon86
What's DOS?
Views: 503
Message 5 of 7

I am having the same problem...I did a clean install of windows on a SSD.  I used the thinkvantage update to get the latest drivers and now, after hibernate my multi touch doesn't work until I restart the computer.  Also, the sensing of the pen is inverted when I flip the display to tablet mode (i.e. it still acts as if the screen hasn't flipped -- -when I hover the pen above the upper right corner, the mouse appears in the lower left corner).

I have also tried downloading the enhanced multitouch driver directly from the lenovo website and installing it.

atheon86
What's DOS?
Views: 499
Message 6 of 7

I found a fix.  For anyone else having this problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976755

Ran the hotfix, rebooted, put it to hibernate and when I resumed, everything worked just fine!

atheon86
What's DOS?
Views: 498
Message 7 of 7

FYI, my symptoms did not match the hotfix exactly....as I just have one user login and it was the one that was affected, but it did fix the problem that I mentioned.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors