Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lacfadio
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,351
Message 1 of 3

My audio vanished

Dear All,

I just had the screen replaced on my X61 Tablet (7767B8G) (running Vista) - it arrived (through shipping today). The screen works perfectly but the audio has gone.

When I go into the control panel, it tells me that there is not audio device installed, and nothing shows up in device managers other than the bluetooth headset. On the taskbar there is not even a volume icon. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers from the Lenovo website - but when i try and uninstall them it tells me they are not compatible with my hardware.

Yet when I run PC-Doctor, it tells me the High Definition Audio Controller soundcard passes the test. 

Edit: I have found the HDAC in the Device Drivers - but it is under system devices - there are still no audio devices. I also get a messages when I run PC-Doctor that it cannot connect to my modem, and when I uninstall the Audio Controller and then reinstalled it (still no sound), it also reinstalled the modem.

Futher, I get a message when I boot up saying the On-Screen message generator has crashed - this occurs each time I boot up.

I am at a bit of a loss, does anyone have any ideas?

cheers,

J.

Message Edited by lacfadio on 10-11-2008 09:37 AM
Message Edited by lacfadio on 10-11-2008 09:37 AM
Message Edited by lacfadio on 10-11-2008 10:01 AM
ctoys
Token Ring
Views: 1,303
Message 2 of 3

Re: My audio vanished

My thoughts initially ran towards the possibility that when your screen was replaced that the card was somehow disconnected from the board but is still there to be found .    Not that familar with how the video card on your system must be connected though.    Sounds like a bug for the service center to solve. 

Full disclosure: Not a Lenovo employee, just someone with a X61 running Win XP SP2
lacfadio
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,198
Message 3 of 3

Re: My audio vanished

Cheers, it was indeed a problem for the service centre, who replaced the speakers, and now at least the sound works perfectly.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors