cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonystarkdfw
Paper Tape
Views: 2,872
Message 1 of 7

My touchscreen on my X60 is not working (nor is the fingerprint scanner)

Hi guys,  picked up a Lenovo X60 tablet pc (used).  It has Windows 7.  I can not get the tablet function or the fingerprint scanner to work.  I have gotten all updates from Microsoft and Lenovo.  I have tried to use the touh screen multiple times and nothing is happening, nor are the touchscreen buttons.  I'm at a complete loss as to what to do.  Any suggestions?

Vince69
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,837
Message 2 of 7

Re: My touchscreen on my X60 is not working (nor is the fingerprint scanner)

Hello mate,

What's the model/type of your Thinkpad ? xxxx-xxx

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

tonystarkdfw
Paper Tape
Views: 2,828
Message 3 of 7

It's a 6366-L5U.  I've updated the drivers and insured all was up to date with Win 7 and Lenovo via the auto updates, and even tried installing the driver (for the touch screen) by itself.  I'm at a complete loss.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,818
Message 4 of 7

I want to ask a basic question. I assume you are using a stylus, not your finger. You have a pen-enabled machine, noty a multitouch (finger) screen. If you boot into the BIOS and hit config/security, do you see the fingerprint reader?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
tonystarkdfw
Paper Tape
Views: 2,814
Message 5 of 7

Yes, I have been using the stylus on the touchscreen.  The buttons near the base of the screen don't work either.  I booted from the bios and I did not see the fingerprint scanner. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,716
Message 6 of 7

Look in the device manager and see if you have any problem devices. If neither part (wacom digitizer and fingerprint) is visible, you might have a bad cable. I know that the fingerprint reader connects as a USB device. I am not sure about the digitizer, but that probably does also. It is possible that you have a USB hub problem on your motherboard but the cable seems a lot more likely. The tablet screen hinge is complicated and there are LOTS of wires stuffed into a small place. They are easy to damage. That would be my first guess, but it is impossible to be sure without seeing it. Do you have a way to return it to the seller?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
tonystarkdfw
Paper Tape
Views: 2,710
Message 7 of 7

Thanks, I think you hit the nail right on the head; unfortunately, that's the conclusion I've come to as well.  DM doesn't even detect the fingerprint scanner,  but does detect the screen and drivers.  Before I updated the drivers and bios, it would detect it, but nothing happened when I tried to use the pen. Updated drivers and bios and now get a BSOD when I even touch the pen with the screen.  Also, didn't notice it, but none of the light right of the bluetooth indicator are on, nor turn on when a corresponding function is activated (i.e. Caps Lock).  So...iit looks like a possible hardware problem as you mentioned unless someone has another idea, I think I'm stuck with this. Seller has gone AWOL (duh, wonder why?) The good news is that it still functions as a normal laptop and I didn't quite break the bank on the purchase, it's just minus the fingerprint scanner and touchscreen Smiley Sad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors