cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saxblue
Paper Tape
Views: 1,040
Message 1 of 4

New, first-time Lenovo owner- Best way to clean x200 Tablet screen?

Hello,

I am a first-time Lenovo owner. I recently purchased an x200 Tablet and I am putting it through it's paces and getting it tweaked to my liking. Seeing as this has a touch screen, what is the best way to clean the screen? I searched the forum for suggestions for cleaning the tablet screens but there was only a limited amount of information and the information that was available applied to the x61 tablet. Since I'm not sure if the screens have changed in that sense since the x61 I'm posting the question here.

I'm also wondering how to clean the rest of the computer. My first inclination is to use alcohol swabs (not for the screen since it's a solvent) but what do you think about that for the rest of the computer (case, bezel, keyboard, etc.)

Thanks in advance for your help!

kbour
Serial Port
Views: 1,001
Message 2 of 4

Re: New, first-time Lenovo owner- Best way to clean x200 Tablet screen?

I use tap water and a soft paper towel to clean  smudges from the monitor screen, then I wipe thoroughly with a fine microfiber cloth.   For the rest of the computer, I wipe gently with a damp cloth and, from time to time, shoot the keyboard with compressed air. 

Ken

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 978
Message 3 of 4

i do it the exact same way except i use a damp microfiber cloth to clean with. i saw a monitor get scratched from a paper towel. 

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 977
Message 4 of 4

and don't forget to blow the dust bunnies out of the fan every once in awhile also.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors