DE

37 Signins

474 Page Views

• Views: 474
  • Message 1 of 2

Pairing a Bluetooth keyboard for UEFI-boot resp. grub OS selection

2019-04-06, 18:58 PM

I know this is asking for something unlikely, and yet useful (for me):

I have a Bluetooth keyboard, that works fine. Once the system is up, that is. But for my dual-boot, selecting the OS with grub,it doesn't do anything useful. So I *cannot* use it to select the OS of choice. The touchscreen also looks like being inactive, so there's just no way to select the OS of choice.

The only way would be to pair in UEFI, so that it becomes active very early, or pair in/for grub. 

Would anyone with a hint or idea please share it!?

Kind regards,

Uwe

Options

459 Posts

05-02-2019

US

322 Signins

7862 Page Views

• Views: 7862
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Pairing a Bluetooth keyboard for UEFI-boot resp. grub OS selection

2019-12-07, 14:08 PM

Hi there!

What Bluetooth keyboard are you using? Certainly, keyboard and mouse HID devices that use Logitech USB wireless dongles do not need drivers to work in BIOS or UEFI or grub menus, as long as they have been previously associated with each other. The dongle included with a keyboard or mouse should work with that device out of the box.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save