Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

18 Posts

03-08-2011

USA

104 Signins

223 Page Views

• Views: 223
  • Message 1 of 2

Pen Calibration Problems- xy axis off, no pressure sensitivity, etc.

2011-04-21, 23:57 PM

So, I had pressure sensitivity and everything working on my x200t. 

Then this morning I updated Win7 with sevice pack 1 as well as an assortment of other updates, such as

Wacom - Input - Wacom Penabled MiniDriver
Lenovo - Input - PS/2 TrackPoint
Lenovo - Display - ThinkPad Display 1280x800

Then, I go to use my pen and a bunch of stuff doesn't work.   No pressure sensitivity.  And the stylus is only accurate in the primary landscape orientation (the orientation when using it as a laptop).  In the other modes the pen is on the wrong axis- either it's moving diagonally from my pen input to the opposite side horizontally or vertically.  I tried to calibrate it using the ISD Tablet Properties as well as the Pen and Touch Input categories under Hardware and Sound, but I can't get it to accept input in the calibration screens.

I decided to undo the Service Pack, thinking it might be the problem.  Nope. Then I decided to undo the Wacom Penabled update, but then I think I actually completley uninstalled the driver.  So I go to the Wacom website, but there's no driver available currently for Tablet Pc.  ??? Very strange.  Perhaps there's a technical error there?  Then I think, OK, I'll just restore this puppy to the way it was earlier this morning.  So I do it.  But does it help the problem?  Nope. 

So, dear helpful souls, here I am- I've uninstalled Service Pack 1, and (I think) the Wacom driver, and can't reinstall it now, if it's even gone.  How do I even tell if it's gone?  I can still find the ISD Tablet Properties on my computer, for example.  I can draw a line in an art program (without pressure sensitivity), but I can only get it to be accurate in primary landscape.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  Is there something going on with Wacom not having a driver up?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.  Lost a whole day of work today to this.  Ugh.

Options

2484 Posts

04-11-2011

Malaysia

1300 Signins

16673 Page Views

• Views: 16673
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Pen Calibration Problems- xy axis off, no pressure sensitivity, etc.

2011-04-25, 5:02 AM
hey steveberry,

quite strange that that is happening.

With regards on whether the Wacom driver is still there,

what you could do is to check under the Device Manager and see if its there.

Other then that, I suggest checking with Wacom and their drivers

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms