Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petersgc
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,944
Message 1 of 6

Photoshop CS4 and X61T Tablet

Hey guys,

I posted this over in the adobe forums but got no responce so was hoping that someone might have an answer.

I currently have a Lenovo X61T Tablet PC and I am testing out Photoshop CS4.

When I try to set the brush to be pressure sensitive I get the little "!" icon displayed saying that I must have a tablet installed for this feature to work.

I also have the FREE program of “Paint.net” installed on this tablet pc and that is able to detect the pressure sensitivity perfectly. So I would have thought this would rule out any driver issue as the functionality is working its just that Photoshop doesn’t seem to detect it and enable it.

Does anyone have any ideas / suggestions?

Cheers Smiley Happy

mydodger
Paper Tape
Views: 1,930
Message 2 of 6

Re: Photoshop CS4 and X61T Tablet

I have an X200T and I have the same issue.  Sorry, no idea how to fix it yet just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

petersgc
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,917
Message 3 of 6

I posted the same topic on the Wacom forum and this was their reply,

You may have to install a so-called Wintab driver first in order to enable the pen for non-Tablet PC applications with pen support. Go to our download site and get the driver for Bamboo. Installing it should enable painting in Photoshop and other applications including pen support.

This does work, hower the Wacom drivers seems to be a lot worse in other paint programs then the native VistaDriver.

So Untill Adobe imploy some TabletPC native fix i will just continue to use the free paint.net.

mydodger
Paper Tape
Views: 1,913
Message 4 of 6

You could also give CS3 a shot if you wanted, I've heard that it works fine.

jonathan7007
Token Ring
Views: 1,906
Message 5 of 6

Peter,

I use CS4, too, and have just installed over CS3... I guess I haven't used the particular function that fed you the error. When you took the steps suggested by WACOM did you get better performance than that seen first (in error condtion.) You said "seems to be a lot worse in other paint programs than the native Vista driver.)

I use ArtRage 2.5 I saw no error message for that. Have you tried ArtRage?

Is this just in CS4 paint mode? There are pressure sensitive brush functions in some other operations, too, right? Blur? Dodge? (I have been switching to layer masks for these, though, and that involves painting in the mask, so there, too, I can benefit from pressure sensitivity.)

Any further thoughts and experience would be valuable. Thanks for contributing here.

jonathan7007

4276-37U -- W520. Keeping an X61t just in case.
First laptop in my house was a luggable Osborne! Now that was a cool computer. (...for its time!)
petersgc
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,773
Message 6 of 6

Hey Jonathan,

Sorry for the delayed responce,

But after using the driver from Wacom the sensativity was horrid,

one small press on the screen would give you a brush at 100.

The driver did allow for it to be configured via the control pannel but no configuration of senseativty could get the blanace to a good level.

I will test out artrage and others and will let you know

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals