cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nevinleiby
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,351
Message 1 of 2

Poll: OneNote performance with SSD...does it decrease/increase lag with moving and selecting?

Hello all

I have a pretty powerful x200 tablet (4 gig ram), but when I select and move text blocks around in onenote, there is a definite between the time I drag and the time that it reappears in the new location. I glance at the HD light and I see that it polls everytime you are inking, backing up your work as your go....

So for those who have upgraded from a mechanical to a SSD, do you notice the lag within Onenote? did you notice it before upgrading? Does it take longer to perform the write and increase the lag?

Thanks! 

solzont
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,175
Message 2 of 2

Re: Poll: OneNote performance with SSD...does it decrease/increase lag with moving and selecting?

I have no such lag with my Intel X-25M 160GB SSD.  The issue you're experiencing is most likely due to the Samsung controller in the drives that Lenovo chooses to package with their SSD optioned laptops.  The controller is substantially inferior to the one contained in the Intel drive.  Lenovo bundles them because they are cheap despite their poor controller and resulting mediocre performance.  For more detailed information on this issue and SSD choices in general please refer to: http://anandtech.com/storage/ beginning with the SSD Anthology.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors