cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamYUKI
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,073
Message 1 of 3

Post Windows 7 Upgrade - Touch Panel Not Responding to Finger Touch (x200t)

Hello All - I just noticed that my multi-touch (not enhanced multi-touch) screen no longer responds to finger touch; just pen. It used to respond to both before i upgraded to Windows 7.

I tried the Lenovo diagnostic check for the touch screen, and during the test, it only responded to the pen.

What should I do? Is there a certain driver i'm missing or need to uninstall and then re-install?

Thanks in advance.

adamYUKI
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,067
Message 2 of 3

Re: Post Windows 7 Upgrade - Touch Panel Not Responding to Finger Touch (x200t)

Ok...I think i really screwed something up. As per a Lenovo support tech's advice, i installed the Windows 7 "Enhanced" Multi-touch Driver, even though i do not have the enhanced multi-touch screen, and this is what it says on Lenovo's site about this new driver:

"*1: ThinkPad X200 Tablet models with the Multitouch are NOT supported."

"*1: ThinkPad X200 Tablet models with the ENHANCED Multitouch ARE supported."

So, i go ahead and install it. I notice that finger touch now works, but the pen setting are now all screwed up! The eraser no longer responds when i turn the pen around to erase. It actually INKS with the eraser as well!

OneNote no longer automatically starts inking (or erasing) when i bring the pen (or eraser) into range. I have to manually click on the pen icon (or the eraser icon) on the tool bar to use these functionalities! *groan*

In the Tablet PC Input Panel: no eraser functionality (it inks instead!!) and even the button on the pen (which previously had the right-click ability) only inks when pressed down!

I think i made my situation worse...Please Help!

Adam

milliken
Punch Card
Views: 933
Message 3 of 3

Re: Post Windows 7 Upgrade - Touch Panel Not Responding to Finger Touch (x200t)

Hello, did you get your problems fixed yet?  It has been months since you last post.

I am one of those who has quite a number of problems with upgrading to Windows 7.  Some of the tablet buttons don't work even after after new drivers were installed.  They all work when on Vista before upgrading.

It sounds like we are all alone with problems, doesn't it?

Milliken

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors