Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yairilan
Paper Tape
Views: 792
Message 1 of 5

Power manager X230 Tablet

Hello all,

I have 230X tablet and I upgraded it to windows 8.

Since the upgrade, I feel that the power manager shows wrong time remaining, and every time I try to configure something with the power manager dashboard it crushes as "not responding".

I read that the battery should last for 7+ hours, but after a full charge it shows only 3+

I also installed the latest driver from Lenovo's website and it didn't help.

Does it sounds familiar? Does anyone has a solution?

Thanks! 

campanella
Serial Port
Views: 745
Message 2 of 5

Re: Power manager X230 Tablet

Hi,

As far as I know, Lenovo has not supported Power Management for Windows 8 yet. What you said happends to me too. The time remaining is not accurate. Sometimes it drops from 25% to 10%, and the computer goes to sleeps after a few seconds... But after I reset my battery gauge, it solves the problem.

By somehow, I discover that Power Management does work in Guest Account. You should perform Battery Gauge Reset in your Guest Account.

Here is what I do:

You should activate your Guest account (When you hit Windows key, type Accounts, Users accounts (in setting) -> Manage other Account -> Turn on GUEST account.

You run battery reset there. (it takes long time since the computer will fully charge your battery and then completely discard and then chage again).

Unfortunately, you cannot switch account during you perform battery reset and you cannot turn off computer during that time. It takes about ...12h to perform the task. But it works for me.

The drawback of Guest account is you cannot connect to internet.

I hope that LENOVO would support Power Management soon!. Too bad for a business laptop Smiley Sad.

yairilan
Paper Tape
Views: 735
Message 3 of 5

Thanks a lot!! I'll try it soon!!

Anyone else know this issue?

LENOVO ?

yairilan
Paper Tape
Views: 679
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

I did it exactly as you wrote and it didn't  help with mine...

Very annoying that it suppose to last 7 hours and it shows 3.5 maximum. 

Thanks anyway

campanella
Serial Port
Views: 400
Message 5 of 5

Sorry for my late reply.

I agree that the time remaining for the battery is not accurate when I upgraded to Windows 8. It is no longer 7 hours as it was in windows 7. 

But the problem I tried to solve is the power does not show the correct battery remaining: it drop from 12% to 4% and sleep in 2 minutes. 

Top Kudoed Authors