Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

260 Posts

07-03-2009

United States of America

545 Signins

4675 Page Views

• Views: 4675
  • Message 1 of 3

Power settings missing after clean install of Windows 8.1 on Helix

2014-02-11, 20:25 PM

After a smooth clean installation of Windows 8.1 and loading all the Lenovo drivers, software, and apps, the system runs extremely well except in the Lenovo Settings Metro App, I no longer see the option of battery life protection (to charge only up to 50%). In addition, in the Windows power settings, there are only four power profiles: high performance, balances, power saver, and fly mode.  I do have Lenovo Power Management Driver and Settings Dependency Packages installed.  Lenovo's System Update does not show any missing installations. I wonder if anyone can give me some clues. Thanks.

Answer
Options

6849 Posts

10-29-2009

United States of America

17782 Signins

165144 Page Views

• Views: 165144

Re: Power settings missing after clean install of Windows 8.1 on Helix

2014-02-11, 20:52 PM

The battery health mode setting was removed.  We don't support this setting anymore.

The preload comes with a couple additional power profiles that we don't make available except in the preload.  However they are not anything special.  You can create your own power profile(s) in the Power control panel to do whatever you want them to do - idle timers, CPU speed, etc.

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

6849 Posts

10-29-2009

United States of America

17782 Signins

165144 Page Views

• Views: 165144
  • Message 2 of 3

2014-02-11, 20:52 PM

The battery health mode setting was removed.  We don't support this setting anymore.

The preload comes with a couple additional power profiles that we don't make available except in the preload.  However they are not anything special.  You can create your own power profile(s) in the Power control panel to do whatever you want them to do - idle timers, CPU speed, etc.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

260 Posts

07-03-2009

United States of America

545 Signins

4675 Page Views

• Views: 4675
  • Message 3 of 3

2014-02-12, 6:29 AM

wrote:

I accepted the answer as a solution, but I frankly think the battery health mode is very important to have.

My T400s, with both the main and ultra-bay batteries, started with about 6:30 hours of battery life (of course, under my typical work load). 4 years later as today, it still has about 4:30 hours. If I kill some processes and use IE instead of Chrome, I can get 5 hours. I think the long battery lifes have been a consequence of the setting of no start of charging until below 85%.

To replace either battery in Helix, a lot of effort is needed. I think it makes a lot of sense to keep them health.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms