Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmcrober
Paper Tape
Views: 3,157
Message 11 of 71

Re: Lenovo Helix Touch Screen Malfunctioning

I have this problem too. Posted a new question about it, since it seems like a separate (and serious) issue.

@Seewolf wrote:

I have the same model, but not the same problems.

My problem ist that when I start the helix with the pen in the tablet and put it out a few minutes later,  the pen is stuck in the left upper corner (not always!). Touch screen is still working fine. 

If I restart the helix, pen is working fine.

I think this is a driver issue.

Highlighted
Tony31
Paper Tape
Views: 3,134
Message 12 of 71

When I first started seeing the issue, cleaning the screen did improve the problem. However, as the issue got worse, it no longer makes a difference. My personal opinion is that cleaning the screen causes you to bend, twist and squeeze the case and this is what actually improves the screen malfunction symptoms. Regardless, a bit of dirt/finger prints should not cause a touch screen to go haywire.
Former Employee
Views: 3,055
Message 13 of 71

Hi Tony31

I Pm you some information. Hope to hear back.

Regards
mrch
Punch Card
Views: 3,054
Message 14 of 71

by the way - my helix is now at the repairservice in germany. we'll see how things turn out
Redrabbit
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,028
Message 15 of 71

@Seewolf wrote:

I have the same model, but not the same problems.

My problem ist that when I start the helix with the pen in the tablet and put it out a few minutes later,  the pen is stuck in the left upper corner (not always!). Touch screen is still working fine. 

If I restart the helix, pen is working fine.

I think this is a driver issue.

i had this problem after installing the new pressure sensitive drivers from the wacom site. After deinstalling the drivers  it worked again as intended.

puneet13
Paper Tape
Views: 2,980
Message 16 of 71

same issue happens for me intermittently. Slightly applying pressure at the bezel at center, especially when tablet is undocked seems to worsen it.

JasMa
Paper Tape
Views: 2,855
Message 17 of 71

Same issue occurse for me using win8 just as ubuntu 13.04

huep
Paper Tape
Views: 2,739
Message 18 of 71

I bought the i5 three weeks ago and have the same problems. The Phantom Touches drives me crazy. I try to contact the Lenovo Support in Germany on Monday.

The Problems didn't started immediately, just a few days ago, so i can't send it back to the reseller.

Does anyone have an idea? Or do you think i have to exchange the helix?

Greetings from Germany and thanks for your help

JasMa
Paper Tape
Views: 2,712
Message 19 of 71

I've send in my Helix a week ago in Germany. The status is "spare parts required". So it looks like it's an hardware fault and u will have to send it in.

Greetz

mrch
Punch Card
Views: 2,552
Message 20 of 71

I'm gettin really really mad right now. I recieved my helix yesterday back from the german repairservice. As mentioned in a letter the "LCD-Display" was exchanged and all hardware had been tested and was now running fine. 

I was pretty happy ...

I booted the Helix and couldn't really believe what i was seeing. Same error right when doing the first boot. The problem still accures random. It seems to happen more often when the helix is used in the "notebook"-mode, but sadly to say it also happens in the stand and tablet+mode. In the normal tablet-mode the error hasn't accured so far.. maybe it's a keyboard/dock problem. No idea.

I also made a video for the support for clear things out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=187HbCN5ZQ0&feature=youtu.be

The video shows that i'm trying to use the trackpad as well as the touch to "fight" against the phantomtouches but both wont solve the issue.

I'm pretty annoyed by the situation right now because i need this helix for business. As far as i can say it will go down the same road with calling in bratislava (slovenia) where nobody understands what i'm telling them then sending this through germany and recieve the helix again with the same problem.

Would love to see some words from a Lenovo Supporter here!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors