Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrch
Punch Card
Views: 2,465
Message 21 of 71

Re: Lenovo Helix Touch Screen Malfunctioning

Sending the helix again to the repairservice. I have no hopes of gettin this fixed, sadly to say the german rights says that they have 2 tries for fixing such issues.

I'll update this when something new happens...

btw. the support wasn't interessted to attach the video to the message for the repairservice.

Former Employee
Views: 2,373
Message 22 of 71

Hi mrch,

Thanks for posting your concerns. Our teams are actually looking into this issue and are still investigating it. At the moment I don't have ETa how soon this will be rectified but I can assusre that our teams are looking into this. However in this regard I'd like to create a another case for analysis. If you'd be kind could you PM me some information.

Machine Type:
Serial number:
BIOS:

Full Name :
Phone:

Service Number :

Hope to hear back regards
huep
Paper Tape
Views: 2,323
Message 23 of 71

The lenovo service called me and i was told that they have no idea where the problem comes from. So they further told me that i didn't get it back for an uncertain time. I was always a big fan of lenovo products but I'm realy disappointed now. I need the helix for working.

mrch
Punch Card
Views: 2,311
Message 24 of 71

i hope this isn't really happening...

BillPStudios
Serial Port
Views: 2,225
Message 25 of 71

I haven't had any problems but after running the calibration applet in the control panel everything was messed up.

I did a reset in the calibration applet to remove the data I created and all is back to normal again.

Bill

Bill Pytlovany
BillP Studios
Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
JasMa
Paper Tape
Views: 2,213
Message 26 of 71

Well, that sounds great. Calibration is software based and i had this problems using Ubuntu, too. So maybe there are different failures.

Greetz

Highlighted
mrch
Punch Card
Views: 2,191
Message 27 of 71

There seem to be more/different types of problems with the touch-functionality of the helix. In my case as posted before, which does "smart" phantom touches, the calibration did nothing. Also resetting it didn't solve the issues. 

The repairservice again now has updated to:

"Repair On Hold - Awaiting Parts"

I'm realy curious what they will exchange this time, after the LCD-Panel wasn't the problem...

JasMa
Paper Tape
Views: 2,125
Message 28 of 71

Today I got my Helix back. Open the box and started the Helix. What's that? One Edge of the Body is broken?! Well, nice support Lenovo: Sending in Helix with a touchscreen malfunction, getting back a brocken Helix!

This is my first Thinkpad product and i rly thought i would buy some quality stuff. Now four weeks of trouble are gone since i bought my Helix and more seem to come.

At least the LCD works fine...

JasMa
Paper Tape
Views: 2,102
Message 29 of 71

News from support: The have fotos of the broken edge after opening the package. So...? "That's all I can tell you" Well, it wasn't broken, when I gave it to UPS which they have ordered! Whether they found the broken Edge in the package? "We have to ask that at the repair center"... Can I talk to our boss? "No, you can only talk to me..."

Well, Lenevo, pls! Some REAL support! Check the packages at arriving!

I would rly like to here some words from Lenovo team about this!

huep
Paper Tape
Views: 2,022
Message 30 of 71

I can't belive it. I called lenovo again and asked them for an statemant, because I'have send the helix more than 2 Weeks ago to them. But they only told me that they have no Idea about the problem, so they can't repair it and i should wait. I asekd for an exchange Product and they denied... I olny can get en exchange Helix if I send it in three times...

I'am so disappointed. I bought the 2000€ Helix in April and I can't use it until now.  I realy need it for work.

Please lenovo support, can you say anything to this Problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors