Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richdebate
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,705
Message 31 of 71

Re: Lenovo Helix Touch Screen Malfunctioning

I don't have the phantom cursors, but my trackpad has been unresponsive or jumpy as well. I was using a Chromebook while waiting for my Helix to arrive and the trackpad on that machine was amazing. So going from a $250 machine to the Helix, I did not expect to have a sluggish trackpad. 

My primary problem is when scrolling it either doesn't respond or the mouse quickly slides up left while the text barely moves. A VERY STRANGE thing just happened, though. I switched from Chrome to IE 10 because the tabs are microscopic on Chrome on this thing and for some reason (after a day) I switched back to Chrome and the trackpad is working 100%. I've only used it in Chrome for a few minutes, but at this moment it's perfect. I confirmed for me that I'm not being overly critical or imagining things. This is how it should work all the time!

I surely hope it can be fixed with some drivers or updates!!! Come on Lenovo!!!

mrch
Punch Card
Views: 4,634
Message 32 of 71

Waiting since 2,5 weeks - no updates, no call, no email, still in repairservice "Repair On Hold - Awaiting Parts". I actually can't believe this is happening  with a nearly 2.000€ machine with 36month warranty.

Would love to see a solution - sadly the lenovo forumsupport only said that he will keep me updated "tomorrow" - i recieved his msg one week ago. No sign of help or actually something happening.

Davenir
Paper Tape
Views: 4,599
Message 33 of 71

My issue was that the pen cursor stuck in top left and even calibration was impossible. Uninstalling the Wacom win 8 drivers fixed everything...for now

JasMa
Paper Tape
Views: 4,471
Message 34 of 71

@Davenir wrote:

My issue was that the pen cursor stuck in top left and even calibration was impossible. Uninstalling the Wacom win 8 drivers fixed everything...for now

Hi Davenir,

I had this Problem, too, and still have. You can fix this Problem by putting the pen out of his attachment before starting windows, or if u started already, by reloging your windows account. The driver seems to do some kind of calibration, when it starts.

Because i don't wanna relog everytime i forgot to put the pen out, i wrote a little script which restarts the driver only:

taskkill /IM "ISD_Tablet.exe" /F /T
taskkill /IM "ISD_TabletUser.exe" /F /T
net stop "Wacom ISD Service"
net start "Wacom ISD Service"

Save it as Something.bat and run it as admin (rightclick menu)

Why I do not simply use the Windows-driver? Because it don't get pressure-sensitivity in gimp using it.

Davenir
Paper Tape
Views: 4,444
Message 35 of 71

Thanks for this JasMa. I gave up with my Helix I'm afraid. The combination of issues screen, over-heating and the relative bulk have caused me to switch to a Surface Pro. I miss the screen real estate of the Helix but otherwise the SP is a better fit for me.
sydneyau
Paper Tape
Views: 4,355
Message 36 of 71

I have the same issue it just keep happen from time to time, also have dock fans problem too those noisy fans always run and never stop. Please let me know if there is solution for those issues. Not happy Lenovo.

Product: 36971A2

Bios GFET35WW (1.14)

Former Employee
Views: 4,245
Message 37 of 71

Hi sydneyau,

Could you possibly try updating you BIOS to the latest. A new BIOS was launched not long ago and you can download from the Link below.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_MY/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS034627

hope this helps and do post back your results.

Regards
Former Employee
Views: 4,111
Message 38 of 71

Hi all,

to those facing an issue with the touchcreen could youpossibly try the Hints & tips fromthe below link.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?DocID=HT079584

Do letme know if this helps.

Regards

kylelamb
Paper Tape
Views: 4,083
Message 39 of 71

Sadly this update does not work for my Lenovo Helix 3701CTO.  When running as administer a pop-up window notes, "This update is either not necessary or not applicable to your system."

Interesting, what other uses have not mentioned is that the touchscreen often doesn't work when the bios keyboard is raised for a power on password.

--
London, England, UK
markhen
Paper Tape
Views: 3,999
Message 40 of 71

Hi from Austria!

Same issue here.

Phantom touch as described - it's not possible to work with that device.

The described "Touch screen update tool" didn't work on my Helix.

I've had this error since the second week. My Helix was at the repair centre for two weeks - no help from them. No support - nothing. The just updated some driver and didn't even notice the touch - problem.

A notebook at this price with this support - no more!

I'm curious about the solution!

Markus

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors