Canada

78 Signins

349 Page Views

• Views: 349
  • Message 71 of 72

Re: Lenovo Helix Touch Screen Malfunctioning

2015-09-30, 23:39 PM

wrote:

So i had the same problem after updating to windows 10, where the pen worked but no touch. Updating and reinstalling drivers, turning computer back to factory condition (full formatting) did not fix the problems. So i called lenovo and because my helix was still within warranty DHL picked it up at my door, and 4 days later (and thousands of km of travel) I received it again, with a brand new screen :-D! why didn't i just call lenovo a little earlier :P ?

Thanks for the reply. and you're lucky that yours were in warranty. my warranty has expired already.

by your message, it seems that it was a hardware issue, as they relaced the screen. :(

Options

2 Posts

07-15-2015

France

7 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 72 of 72

Re: Lenovo Helix Touch Screen Malfunctioning

2016-08-22, 16:47 PM

Hello,

Just to give some feedback after quite some months.

Contrary to what I believe before, I can confirm that it was also a *hardware* issue for me. Lenovo support has replaced the screen with no additional operations that I could find on the OS, and the touchscreen is working 100%. (versus about 20% of the time before that)

All software upgrade did nothing (bios, windows patch, OS reinstall, driver tweeking etc...)

So if the touchscreen completely stops working on a random basis after a reboot (but not necessarly the pen) i would advise to send it for repair.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete