Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

17 Posts

11-04-2012

Vietnam

32 Signins

173 Page Views

• Views: 173
  • Message 1 of 1

Recovery Partition Lost Due to Windows 8 Install - Can Leneovo Support Restore?

2013-06-04, 2:28 AM

Hi All,

I have a Thinkpad X220T. It was purchased with Windows 7 and late last year I bought Windows 8 and installed it. Since then, I've had tons of issues with W8, where at this point, even after careful debugging and troubleshooting multiple reinstalls, Windows 8 will eventually reach a state in which it will not load or have other critical issues in the desktop.

What I realized is that the W8 installed also corrupted the W7 install so I have no way to restore it - trying to load it from BIOS or Windows 9 would occur in an error. After a few more W8 installs, the W7 restore partition was actually deleted completely - I'm not clear when this happened - I've had to reinstall Windows 8 at least 6 different times trying to recover my fatal issues in the last 8 months.

Now I'd like to know if there's anyway for Lenovo to help me restore the partition or provide the serial number so I can download the ISO and install my machine copy of Windows 7 again. I don't really need the serial, the partition is preferred so I always have a backup.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms