Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrenster
Paper Tape
Views: 679
Message 1 of 2

Rescue and Recovery Partition

I have searched and searched and have yet to find the answer. If this is already posted, I haven’t found it...

I have a Lenovo X61 ThinkPad Tablet and I have recently installed Windows 7. Unfortunately Windows 7 is not working out for me and would like to go back to xp pro. I'm hoping that by using the rescue and recovery option I can restore the original operating system and be good to go. But I can not get the system to boot into the Rescue and Recovery program. I know the partition is still there by looking at the drive in windows disk manager. I have tried re-installing the rescue and recovery program and I get the error message "BOOTMGR is missing press any key to restart" I have not created any recovery cd for that I don’t have a cd drive on the laptop.

I want to bring the rescue and recovery program back to life, if not, im going to end up having to wipe the entire drive and install xp, a method I haven’t figured out yet since I do not have a cd drive on the laptop.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 641
Message 2 of 2

Re: Rescue and Recovery Partition

This is what you require but you'll need a usb floppy:- http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-54483

Be sure to read instructions including how to create diskette image.

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals