Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
i2000s
HDMI
Views: 495
Message 1 of 3

Screen flickering on Thinkpad X200 tablet with Windows 10

Dear community,

I found my screen starts flickering not long after I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my thinkpad x200 tablet. It happens especially when I have an external monitor connected to the laptop and when I maximize a Microsoft Edge brower on screen. Scrolling the mouse will trigger the lines on a page flickering back and forth or partially disappeared. This is really annoying when I want to scroll down a little bit to find some useful information.

I have tried to use the "sfc /scannow" command to identify potential problems and to reinstall compatible Thinkpad graphics and video drivers, but no luck. I have also tried other solutions that I can find online (like disabling the issue reporting service), yet still this problem persists. I contacted Microsoft for their assistance, and they suggest me to ask the manufacture to solve this problem.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Qi

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
TPs own: X31 (2003), X61T, X200T, Tablet 2, P50 (2016); Win XP-10, Ubuntu8.04-16.04.
john3361
What's DOS?
Views: 460
Message 2 of 3

Re: Screen flickering on Thinkpad X200 tablet with Windows 10

Here is a quick soultion to this screen problem in windows 10

1. Type ‘msconfig’ in run box and open it

2. Click on the ‘Services’ tab.

3 Scroll down and find two services named ‘Problem Reports and Solution Control Panel ‘and ‘Windows Error Reporting Service’. If you have difficulty finding these two services then you click on ‘Service’ column header in the table. This will alphabetically arrange all the services.

4. Uncheck these two services. Press ‘OK’.

Source: Fix windows 10 screen flickering problem

i2000s
HDMI
Views: 458
Message 3 of 3

Re: Screen flickering on Thinkpad X200 tablet with Windows 10

That I have tried, but did not work at all... But thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
TPs own: X31 (2003), X61T, X200T, Tablet 2, P50 (2016); Win XP-10, Ubuntu8.04-16.04.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors