Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
javeryt1
Serial Port
Views: 309
Message 1 of 5

Sierra EM7455 X1 tablet not starting

We have a lot of X1 gen 3 tablets with this card in it. It is an intermittent, but somewhat frequent issue that the card stops showing under connections and you go to device manager and it has the yellow exclmation point in there. The error is: "This device cannot start. (code 10)  {Device Timeout} The specified I/O operation on %hs was not completed before the time-out period expired."

If I disable/re-enable the device it comes back to life for a second before doing it again. Sometimes a BIOS update will kick it into gear, or just a regular reboot. But it's unlcear what the ultimate solution is or why this keeps happening sporadically. These are new machines with clean builds on them, all drivers are usually updated.

Anyone else seen this or have any ideas why this keeps happening? I have attached a screenshot as well.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 218
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sierra EM7455 X1 tablet not starting

Hi! Try running an update through the Think Vantage app. Install all detected updates. Check if the issue persist.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

javeryt1
Serial Port
Views: 175
Message 3 of 5

I always update to the latest drivers using the System Update tool. Had this issue again today, all drivers are up to date.
javeryt1
Serial Port
Views: 173
Message 4 of 5

Although I will add, if I uninstall the device completely, it re-installs as Generic broadband adapter (can't start still), and I have issues updating it from their. The date on that driver is February 2019, and the date on the newest driver on the support site is April 2019. But it still says the generic one is the one that is most up to date.

javeryt1
Serial Port
Views: 168
Message 5 of 5

Also tried installing drivers direct from Sierra, but that also didn't work.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors