Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TL94
Fanfold Paper
Views: 699
Message 1 of 7

Some help with an x230t windows 10

Hello people of the Lenovo forums.

A friend of mine just gave me his Lenovo x230t, it looks like he tried formating it and handing it over to me but he didn't install all the drivers or what not.

The laptop itself is from France (french keyboard) and I think when he installed the windows it was in french as well, I changed the setting and made it so everything is in english but when I installed the Lenovo System Update app it installed it in french and I cannot change it, same goes for Realtek.

I went through this websites find and recommed me stuff to install, and it did install all the intel drivers and a bios update also I myself installed the driver that activates the tablet keys (screen rotate, task manager).

My question is should I just clean install all over again? I got the windows key here so should I just reinstall the whole PC? its new so I got nothing important on it.

If so, how should I go about it? I don't have the windows disk or any other driver disk.

Another issue is that I cannot use my fingers on the touch screen, it only works with the stylus.

I've seen people online scrolling through web pages and PDF using their fingers in touch, also using some other cool functions like opening all the curret apps in a scroll by pressing 4 fingers against the screen.

Do I need to install a certain driver to do it? if so where?

Sorry for writing so much and thank you for taking the time and reading it.

I apologize if I broke any rules, please inform me if so and ill change whats needed.

Sincerely yours,

TL.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 696
Message 2 of 7

Re: Some help with an x230t windows 10

Hello and welcome,

I'd be inclined to do a clean install, followed by System Update.  Since Win 10 has already been activated on that machine you likely won't need the key.

You can download Win 10 direct from Microsoft.  I haven't looked at the MS tool lately and don't know if the download varies by version (Home, Pro, ...) but if it does pick the one that matches your key.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

TL94
Fanfold Paper
Views: 660
Message 3 of 7

My question is what do I need to install after windows 10?

What drivers should I get? just go through the same deal with the LGBridge and let it install everything for me?

Keep in mind I have no CDs and nothing else to work with.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 648
Message 4 of 7

As you suggested in your OP, I'd install System Update and let it find the appropriate drivers.

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-X-SERIES-TABLET-LAPTOPS/THI...

All drivers and docs available here:

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-tablet-laptops/thi...

Side note: when using the support search feature it's necessary to enter "x230 tablet".  "x230t" doesn't produce any results.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

TL94
Fanfold Paper
Views: 642
Message 5 of 7

Ok so I need some MAJOR help now.

Yesterday after I updated windows and I downloaded the Lenovo app that tailors drivers for me, I set it up to install everything and went to bed.

When I woke up in the morning, the keyboard suddenly doesnt work.

Whenever I press anything nothing happens, but for some reason when I alt+tab it does change the language.

I cannot acess the BIOS menu since I cant press Enter.

I plugged in an external keyboard and tried re-installing windows 10 thinking it will solve the problen, but it didnt.

What do I do now?

What went wrong?

I know I downloaded and installed the recommended BIOS update, did it screw things up?

UPDATE:

I just finished installing windows 10, am updating it to be the latest version and downloaded the Lenovo Service Bridge.

After I finish updating windows 10 to the latest version Ill run the Lenovo support page and install w/e it recommends.

If it still doesnt work, should I try and install older versions of Bios or osmething?

TL94
Fanfold Paper
Views: 606
Message 6 of 7

Another update.
I got the system to work, but now I seem to have this issue with the Fn key.

Whenever I turn on the PC its like the FN Key is always on, even when its not pressed.
The button isnt stuck or anything, but it registers it as if its pressed so I cannot use the keyboard since it thinks FN is pressed down so it tries the other functions, I tried swapping it with the CTRL key in the bios and its just like I said, when the FN key is swapped with CTRL is registers it as if CTR is pressed down.

That I can fix by plugging in an external keyboard and pressing the left Ctrl key and it "releases" the press key on the laptop and lets me go on as if nothing happened.

How do I fix this? is there a way to just cancel the button? or is there a driver or something I can install to fix it?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 592
Message 7 of 7

In the BIOS under config/keyboard and mouse, make sure Fn lock is disabled

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors